Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been religiously following this forum for the last 4 months since I decided on a Challenger!
I've always liked them, but once they announced the Shaker package that tipped the scale for me.

The Shaker ordering banks opened yesterday and I got my order in (VON in my pocket :deal:).

The info from this forum has been unbelievable in answering all my questions along the way (without even posting - ha). Thanks to all of you.

Here's what's coming:
White Shaker
Stripe delete (that stripe didn't do it for me and I think it takes away from the shaker and spoiler)
Everything except the HID, top end stereo stuff, and sunroof (love the old school look and at 6'4" I need all the clearance I can get without the sunroof).

I am still deciding on the stripes I do want. Narrowed it down to the classic RT or strobe. That classic stripe on that car really brings back the 71 muscle look...
If the Scat Packs are somewhat affordable I might look into up to level 2.
Lastly, I really dig hood pins, but I am not liking the idea of chopping up a factory shaker hood!
I guess I have 6-8 weeks to decide :)

I am looking forward to joining the club.
Thanks again and pleased to meet you!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats in advance and Welcome to ChallengerTalk!

Ohh and good luck with the waiting process! That's the worst part!

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Great... I wish the shaker would have been an option when I ordered my car last Spring cuz I would have ordered it... The wait begins. Welcome from Ohio!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I got my order in yesterday too! Spring can't come fast enough! Black is where its at... NO dealer stripes for me. I did add the full interior packages w/ gps and all the other goodies, added the sunroof at the last minute. I have a detail guy local who did my stripes on my 09 and plan on him doing the shaker as well. Already have my design and color in my head. I sure wish they had a challenger club near me... it would be fun to meet up with others who love their cars as much as I do... the car commercial with the baby is absolutely me...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
335 Posts
Man, now you guys aren't helping the wait! I was thinking wait until I see a glimpse of a 15 model. There might be a small window of time where you could see both a 14 shaker and a picture of a 15? But I really like the Shaker, nice job guys!

·
Premium Member
9,660 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Great time to order a car as its too nasty out(depending where you live) to drive it anyway.
Looking forward to you posting pictures of it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
CONGRATS !!!

I may do this Shaker thing about a year from now .... or maybe a HELLCAT ?

Time will tell ...

Anyway ... GREAT CHOICE !!!

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Way to go on the color, Bright White rules!
Stripe delete: I used the Build a Car on the Dodge website, and it said I couldn't stripe delete on the white car. Good to hear that you could, I would not want them, and removing all those would've been a PITA! P.S.: Get the HID headlights, they are super cool! I can't believe how great mine illuminate the road. You did get the STP and Anti-Spin, right?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Personally I really like the Shaker stripe package, this is the 3rd one I've seen ordered this week, all stripe deleted. Congrats on your new ride, can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Man, now you guys aren't helping the wait! I was thinking wait until I see a glimpse of a 15 model. There might be a small window of time where you could see both a 14 shaker and a picture of a 15? But I really like the Shaker, nice job guys!

I've been drooling over the Shaker for a couple months. Stopped in at my dealer before Thanksgiving, got a trade in value on my 09, and gave them a deposit on the shaker. When they called me yesterday morning to say "Today's the day", I didn't hesitate. It is a very small window to order these... they will be limited. My 09 is put away for the winter so it doesn't matter to me if it doesn't arrive until spring. I would't drive it on the snow/salt roads anyways. Well, maybe just to the detail shop for her stripes. I'm not fan of the plastic stripes. I've seen them crack in the sun and look like crap. My 09 has paint. The black with dealer stripes didn't do it for me. I have a much better idea of what I want as far as detailing and making it one of a kind like my 09. NO one in my area has the trunk lid strip across and down the sides. That's not even a dealer option. Custom, custom, custom... so well worth it. I have a design already in my head and it will be in a very very dark black cherry metal flake. When the sun hits it, it will pop...

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Great time to order a car as its too nasty out(depending where you live) to drive it anyway.
Looking forward to you posting pictures of it.

Im in Youngstown, NY... about 30 miles north of Buffalo. They were buried in snow this past week but roads here are bone dry. I wouldn't drive it in the winter anyways... that's what winter rags are for.. makes one really appreciate what they have when the weather breaks. my 09 is already cleaned, polished and covered up in the heated garage for her winter's nap... on a super nice day I do open the garage door and start it up just to have that amazing feeling sitting in the drivers seat! Yep, I'm a lifer... Mopar or Nocar... Think of the car commercial of the "Baby" .. thats me all the way...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Way to go on the color, Bright White rules!
Stripe delete: I used the Build a Car on the Dodge website, and it said I couldn't stripe delete on the white car. Good to hear that you could, I would not want them, and removing all those would've been a PITA! P.S.: Get the HID headlights, they are super cool! I can't believe how great mine illuminate the road. You did get the STP and Anti-Spin, right?
Yep, shaker comes with STP stock.
And a big positive on the anti-spin rear! I told the wife we need the extra traction. :)
I did go with the 430 Head upgrade, if nothing else for the shaker logo that comes on when you start the car.

They way things are looking, the standard shaker decal might be a rarity..

I think I am narrowing in on the RT Classic stripe. Ridergraphix has the small strobe extension that looks pretty interesting. Anyone try those our with some thoughts to share?

Lastly, my dealer is doing some digging about the last potential option. A little bee in rear side windows would be a nice touch. I am thinking the Scat Pack level one should be somewhat cheaper since the shaker doesn't need the CAI. Exhaust and tune would be nice though.
If the wallet can afford it, if like the level 2 pack with a cam bump.
I am already assuming level 3 would be too far in the wife's willingness to compromise.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Congrats the Shaker is going to a great looking addition to the Challenger lineup and very unique.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Yep, shaker comes with STP stock.
And a big positive on the anti-spin rear! I told the wife we need the extra traction. :)
I did go with the 430 Head upgrade, if nothing else for the shaker logo that comes on when you start the car.

They way things are looking, the standard shaker decal might be a rarity..

I think I am narrowing in on the RT Classic stripe. Ridergraphix has the small strobe extension that looks pretty interesting. Anyone try those our with some thoughts to share?

Lastly, my dealer is doing some digging about the last potential option. A little bee in rear side windows would be a nice touch. I am thinking the Scat Pack level one should be somewhat cheaper since the shaker doesn't need the CAI. Exhaust and tune would be nice though.
If the wallet can afford it, if like the level 2 pack with a cam bump.
I am already assuming level 3 would be too far in the wife's willingness to compromise.
Hell, the Scat Bee in the rear quarter windows? That's the FIRST thing I did to my Challenger when I got it home! ALL my Chrysler vehicles have Scat Bees on the side windows - I had a bunch made-up. You DO realize these Scat Bees were standard factory-installed on all 70 & 71 R/T Challengers right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts