Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special ordered this Shift Light. I was going to get the standard Dual Stage light with the extra trigger wire, and just use one of Raptors warning lights mounted on bezel, but luckily for me I called them to inquire if the extra trigger wire also did launch feature, their reply was "NO", only the shift point. So I told them what I was TRYING to do, and they told me they could just build it and rather than ATTACH the 7LED light to the housing they could just add wire (3 wire cable) to the warning light (6'-8'), and to the controller (10" with 3 crimp connectors pre crimped). Results below, I replaced the crimp connections with miniature RCA stereo plugs in case I need to remove/unhook later (male on lights wire/female on controller), ran main cable up and past console (where power/ground comes from switch in coin tray), and out to computer, the Lights wire is coiled behind knee panel steel panel. Works like a CHARM! Ended up after a few different settings having Shift Light come on at 5.4k to keep me from hitting rev limit (stock setting) on 2-3 shift, hasn't had a chance to use launch much, so still playing with that feature but seeing as I have always drivin by "ear", and in the heat of battle that 2-3 shift is hard to catch, LOVE it cues my old brain perfect now! :D
Light (took about 10 tries to catch the light, I'm slow camera too, LOL)

Controller; Stealth location easy to reach and double tap to enable/disable launch.
:pokeowned:

Q

·
0 Posts
Special ordered this Shift Light. I was going to get the standard Dual Stage light with the extra trigger wire, and just use one of Raptors warning lights mounted on bezel, but luckily for me I called them to inquire if the extra trigger wire also did launch feature, their reply was "NO", only the shift point. So I told them what I was TRYING to do, and they told me they could just build it and rather than ATTACH the 7LED light to the housing they could just add wire (3 wire cable) to the warning light (6'-8'), and to the controller (10" with 3 crimp connectors pre crimped). Results below, I replaced the crimp connections with miniature RCA stereo plugs in case I need to remove/unhook later (male on lights wire/female on controller), ran main cable up and past console (where power/ground comes from switch in coin tray), and out to computer, the Lights wire is coiled behind knee panel steel panel. Works like a CHARM! Ended up after a few different settings having Shift Light come on at 5.4k to keep me from hitting rev limit (stock setting) on 2-3 shift, hasn't had a chance to use launch much, so still playing with that feature but seeing as I have always drivin by "ear", and in the heat of battle that 2-3 shift is hard to catch, LOVE it cues my old brain perfect now! :D
Light (took about 10 tries to catch the light, I'm slow camera too, LOL)

Controller; Stealth location easy to reach and double tap to enable/disable launch.
:pokeowned:
SICK!!

Definitely a mod I'm looking for. The track and I are going to have a happy relationship ..... soon! Lol

Thanks for the post!
:rocker:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I assume there is a ground wire, 12V wire and a Trigger wire. Where did you connect the trigger wire to ?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume there is a ground wire, 12V wire and a Trigger wire. Where did you connect the trigger wire to ?
First note mine is a 2010 model for your model year you will have to go to Raptors site, as the computers connections changed so these are only for 2010 models BACK. The power and ground I got from the switchable, always on or ACC, plug or cigarette lighter, installed a automotive type lighted (when on) rocker switch in coin tray (there is NO on/off button on Raptors). Dual stage requires the green/tach signal wire to be connected to 2nd connectors pin #10 wire which is the Coil #1 wire. The white wire/ launch enable/disable goes to connector #3 pin #26 which I think I read in "Installed Shift-light" thread MAY be pin #23 on later models, but it's the clutch pedal sensor wire that Raptor uses to signal launch or shift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts