Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my first road course Sat and second session lost control and ended up in the weeds and up a wall of dirt, my question any one no about how much a front clip and spoiler cost, it was a lot of fun till that happened, hitting 140MPH in the straight ways
Bumper Vehicle Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Muscle car Hood

Front clip does not looked damaged but where spoiler mounts to clip is where it mounts, bummmed

·
Registered
16,214 Posts
I don't think that stuff is too expensive, give Steve White Parts a call.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
You need to get the bumper off then you will be able to evaluate what the damage is and what parts you need.

I can see chunks of red plastic still attached to the black broken pieces. That red plastic is sections of your bumper cover.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
605 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear. Caused by grip-lacking street tires or driver error? Not knowing your exact year and model to cross reference the correct parts, it'd be easiest just looking it up online (SteveWhiteParts, EastCoastMoparts, MoparPartsGiant, et cetera).

Front air dams are a couple hundred so if the fascia/bumper cover is good less than $500 seems a reasonable estimate. However, I see red bits (fascia tabs) attached to the broken pieces which is no bueno.

After hitting an exhaust system laying in the middle of the road at night, I had 2 options to fix the broken fascia tabs:
  • new $300 fascia + paint
  • labor-intensive Lord Fusor rebuilt fascia tabs (~$400 shop estimate)
I tried the latter myself with moderate success, but after running over a deer several months later went with the former option.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
between the parts and painting the new fascia (since the bottom mounts of original had the mounts ripped out) and labor its probably $2k

if there's any other damage once its taken apart, then add more

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good Guess Hal, I had one quote $3000.00 because they were adding parts I did not need, but less than a mile from home a great place quoted me $1950.00 which I think is ok and will be fixed next week

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
I would just leave it the way it is, you're only going to wreck it again. Get new parts from a dealership and put them in storage until you are ready to get rid of the car, then get it all fixed and painted at once.

It actually looks better without that chin spoiler and stupid yellow protector thingy on it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Agreed. Looks good now. If it’s only the first crash, wait for more to fix it. Did it have to get to yanked out? Perfect time for a tow hook. I wouldn’t go trackside without it.

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
I would just leave it the way it is, you're only going to wreck it again. Get new parts from a dealership and put them in storage until you are ready to get rid of the car, then get it all fixed and painted at once.
it would get a lot of lift at highway speeds and the faster the speed, the greater the lift

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,203 Posts
it would get a lot of lift at highway speeds and the faster the speed, the greater the lift
Agree. Would not track the car with the front splitter and other aerodynamic features absent. Besides lift air flow through the radiator may be compromised.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The first place wanted to replace radiator support which had a small dent the size of a dime, replace the inner fender well because one mounting hole a small tear 1/4 inch long and some other parts that I salvaged of of torn up pieces,

·
Registered
348 Posts
ive torn mine up before, on other cars,. You can buy a repair compound, its a two part mix. And make your own repairs to the underside tabs. You might need to take the bumper cover off and use something as a backside temporary support till the stuff dries. Then just drill new holes and mount everything up. $3000 is still bs. $100 bucks and some time will likely make it look fine since its underneath.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts