Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No idea what happened but definitely a Demon.

Totalled?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just missed the opportunity to buy a totaled Demon with 815 miles on it in Kansas. It hit the far side of a ditch- nose first in mud. Don't know the date of the accident.

·
Super Moderator
14,209 Posts
So what happens now, as far as insurance? That person probably can't get a replacement?
If it's totaled (most likely), he will receive a check for the monetary value of the (used) car. Then, he'll have to get back in line to order another replacement Demon.

As bad as this crash looks, check out this mangled Hellcat. I wonder how fast he was going?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger Scat Pack
1,924 Posts
So what happens now, as far as insurance? That person probably can't get a replacement?
That car is totaled. Insurance will give him a check and, if he has loan, it will get paid off and he will get back in line to get another one. Being that it's a new car, with most insurance, he'll get what he paid, more than likely.

·
Super Moderator
14,209 Posts
That car is totaled. Insurance will give him a check and, if he has loan, it will get paid off and he will get back in line to get another one. Being that it's a new car, with most insurance, he'll get what he paid, more than likely.
If he buys another Demon, I would hate to see his new insurance premium. :surprise:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If he buys another Demon, I would hate to see his new insurance premium. :surprise:
Yeah most insurance from reputable companies wont fight much on new replacement value specially within the first 6 -12 months. So assuming between have good insurance and or gap insurance financially ok. Yeah you always take a hit regardless if its your fault or not. But he could get lucky if it was comp, and would probably be better off if it wasn't his fault.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Insurance may be the last thing to worry about, I would be worried about my life! Hard to believe if no one was injured in those crashes. Hopefully the driver, passengers are ok.

·
Registered
9,669 Posts
The fool that was trying to drive this one, is probably still cleaning out his shorts.

His next car should be a Prius or something along that line. LOL

·
Registered
193 Posts
That car may not be a total, you can do a $70,000 repair on a $90,000 car.

Frame rails are a serviceable part.
I agree. Hard to tell without a side shot of car but I'll bet this gets rebuilt. Even if it is totalled, someone will pick it up and fix it with a salvage title. I'd rock this thing with a salvage title for sure!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I agree. Hard to tell without a side shot of car but I'll bet this gets rebuilt. Even if it is totalled, someone will pick it up and fix it with a salvage title. I'd rock this thing with a salvage title for sure!
Be careful with certain states and salavages titles. NY is kind of pain requires some leg work on the part of the owner and seller. After dealing with it once in NY I wouldn't touch one here again.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,016 Posts
Yesterday I did a search for new Demons and nationwide found 180 for sale. Some were offered at up to $6K under MSRP. Now granted if that wrecked car was special ordered and the owner wants another just like it he's going to have to go the order route.

BTW, there is nothing to suggest the owner is responsible for the accident. Not every wrecked high performance car ends up wrecked due to the fault of the owner, other than having the unfortunate luck to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last but not least I hope the driver and any passengers that might have been in the car, that everyone in the car is ok.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,016 Posts
Maybe. Not sure I'd want to own a Demon that was so severely damaged it required $70K worth of repairs. One has to call into question the car's structural integrity after sustaining that severe of damage.

And no experience with a Demon but my new (4 week old) 2008 Cayman S sustained over $40K of damage -- at least this is the point at which the adjuster stopped counting -- and was declared a total loss. I had paid $50.6K for the car just 4 weeks prior and the car was at that time marked down $12K from its MSRP of $62.6K. So the other driver's insurance company drew the line at around $40K repairs for a $50.6K (or maybe $60.6K) Cayman S.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Yesterday I did a search for new Demons and nationwide found 180 for sale. Some were offered at up to $6K under MSRP. Now granted if that wrecked car was special ordered and the owner wants another just like it he's going to have to go the order route.

BTW, there is nothing to suggest the owner is responsible for the accident. Not every wrecked high performance car ends up wrecked due to the fault of the owner, other than having the unfortunate luck to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Last but not least I hope the driver and any passengers that might have been in the car, that everyone in the car is ok.

Can you post links to the ones under MSRP?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Maybe. Not sure I'd want to own a Demon that was so severely damaged it required $70K worth of repairs. One has to call into question the car's structural integrity after sustaining that severe of damage.

And no experience with a Demon but my new (4 week old) 2008 Cayman S sustained over $40K of damage -- at least this is the point at which the adjuster stopped counting -- and was declared a total loss. I had paid $50.6K for the car just 4 weeks prior and the car was at that time marked down $12K from its MSRP of $62.6K. So the other driver's insurance company drew the line at around $40K repairs for a $50.6K (or maybe $60.6K) Cayman S.
kind of my thoughts on a 90k car I can see 30-40, maybe even 50. Not sure 70k in repairs, without seeing everything and knowing engine damage hard to make the call. Guy at work just totaled his F150 that was 50 and some change brand new, year old totaled it. His insurance totaled it if the cost was more than 50% of what it was currently worth. I don't see insurance keeping a car on the road that effectively was ruined to the tune of 80% of its value.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts