Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the day off, decided to go buy the local Dodge 5 star dealer to see if there were any incentives or discounts yet. No big discounts yet. Talked to a guy that was really nice, didn't try to force me to buy a car. Told me according to KBB I could probably get about 15K for my 05 GTO. The only reason I didn't drive out of there with a challenger (and I told him this.) didn't want to buy an RT today and then later this year see "6K off SRTs!!!".

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Goood luck on your search. I would think as close as the 11s are to getting there they would be about as cut in price as they are going to get and the selection will be dwindling down and you won't have many to choose from. The dealer I got mine from is down to 2 SRTs,1 is FF and 6 Rts. It doesn't sound like the 11 are going to be much higher in price so if you hold out and don't find what you want you can always get an 11.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bummer you missed out on the Red Tag sales event, that would have saved you a bunch of money right there.

Wait around for the 6.4 you want, or try to scoop a 6.1 before they are going going gone!

For what it's worth I chose to grab a 6.1, Red Tag sales, great deal on my trade in, eager to move the 2010 unit AND the 6.1 is a proven engine; I learned my lesson with an Infiniti G37 about buying the first year run of a model :brickwall:

Let us know how it all works out, if all else fails the GTO is still a sweet ride.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One question though, if I bought an 09 SRT (or any 09 trim) I'm on my own? By that, I mean powertrain warranty only applies to the first owner.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Had the day off, decided to go buy the local Dodge 5 star dealer to see if there were any incentives or discounts yet. No big discounts yet. Talked to a guy that was really nice, didn't try to force me to buy a car. Told me according to KBB I could probably get about 15K for my 05 GTO. The only reason I didn't drive out of there with a challenger (and I told him this.) didn't want to buy an RT today and then later this year see "6K off SRTs!!!".
How did you like your GTO? I had an '05 black, red interior and 6M. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't drive it all that much. Sold it to a young guy in Tennessee who came up with his Dad. That car was as close to new when I sold it as was possible. I hope he took care of it as well.

Good luck with your search. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how it stacks up against the GTO.

·
Registered
280 Posts
How did you like your GTO? I had an '05 black, red interior and 6M. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't drive it all that much. Sold it to a young guy in Tennessee who came up with his Dad. That car was as close to new when I sold it as was possible. I hope he took care of it as well.

Good luck with your search. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how it stacks up against the GTO.
Funny, I traded my 05 GTO in for my Challenger too! And I got the GTO really cheap with only 3K on it when I guy traded it in as soon as the SRT8 Charger came out. It was a fun car for the money, but too many niggling issues (strut rub, anyone?) took the fun out of it.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I learned my lesson with an Infiniti G37 about buying the first year run of a model
...except with the Challengers, where the 2008's have the least problems. ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I have an '05 Cyclone Grey M6. LOVE the seats, 6 disc and Blaupunkt speakers are pretty good too. If we weren't going to have our first child in 2-3 weeks, I'd have a Challenger by now. The wife and I have been reading Dave Ramsey's books so signing another loan on a car wouldn't fly too well right now...lol What I need to do is start my own little nest egg so I can put something down when I'm ready to buy, keeping the payments reasonable so she won't freak on me.

Really, the only issue I have with the car is that in winter time it handles like a drunken hippo on roller skates. Scary.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have an '05 Cyclone Grey M6. LOVE the seats, 6 disc and Blaupunkt speakers are pretty good too. If we weren't going to have our first child in 2-3 weeks, I'd have a Challenger by now. The wife and I have been reading Dave Ramsey's books so signing another loan on a car wouldn't fly too well right now...lol What I need to do is start my own little nest egg so I can put something down when I'm ready to buy, keeping the payments reasonable so she won't freak on me.

Really, the only issue I have with the car is that in winter time it handles like a drunken hippo on roller skates. Scary.
RWD, 400HP, short wheel base, yeah I know. That car is a real sleeper though. A lot of people thought they were Grand Ams -- until you leave them behind.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I loved my GTO. Drove it through a few winters with snow tires on it and had no issues. On the stock tires though it could get skittish real quick.
Did you have Blizzaks? I'd rather take a taxi for those few days when it's really bad than shell out a grand or more for tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dodge year end

Not sure what area you're in, but at the dealerships in the Detroit area they had around $3K in rebates and 1.9% financing available on the 2010 models. The 2011 R/T doesn't have much more hp or any other significant changes, so I jumped on it and got a 2010 R/T.

I would think dealers in your area would have some sort of rebates and financing offers as well as I thought that was a Dodge company wide incentive package.

Good luck man, whatever you end up buying it'll be cool, these cars rock!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 2004 GTO, black w/red interior, only 6000 miles, and as close to new as possible for a 2004. I've been considering a trade for a Challenger R/T. I got a price today over the phone on a 2010 R/T (MSRP 37,665) for $34,279. Not too bad, but not as good as I was hoping.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have a 2004 GTO, black w/red interior, only 6000 miles, and as close to new as possible for a 2004. I've been considering a trade for a Challenger R/T. I got a price today over the phone on a 2010 R/T (MSRP 37,665) for $34,279. Not too bad, but not as good as I was hoping.
Not sure where you are looking, but you can do WAY better than that, provided the rebates are still in place as they were until the 3rd.

I bought one this past Monday at $7K under MSRP, AND they gave me $1700 more for my trade than anywhere else ($2K over Edmunds trade in value)

I also worked this deal over the phone. This has always worked for me: Do your homework on value of your car, shop at least a 200 mile radius from where you are, take notes, get your best deal within that radius (or more if you like) then take that information the dealers more local to you. You may be surprised.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts