Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't done any racing of any kind in several years, but I had to take the girl out and see what she'd do. I was alittle disappointed, so I'm looking for some advice as well...

Granted, the track wasn't well prepped, so I guess that plays into it alittle bit, but tell me what you guys think...
I've got a 6 speed R/T on Alcoa wheels, C&L intake, 93 canned tune, and SRT shorties/mids. My best run was this:

2.05 60'
8.77 1/8
82.80 MPH

That was with about a 3 grand clutch slip, but the car still bogged alittle even on street tires. I'd like to get it down to around a 8.30 or so. Any advice?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Nitrous ;)

Your times look to be pretty typical for a good-running 6-speed 5.7 to me.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Ive seen 392's run slower. Good air, practice and sticky tires will get you where you want.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sticky tires will hopefully be on the list soon. Props on your 8.49 by the way! I'd be happy with that, especially with an auto!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly, the closest 1/4 track to me is about a 3 hour drive :/ Its mostly 1/8 around here.

From what I remember though, I'm surprised my trap speed is that high. I'd expect a 8.40-8.50 with a low 80 MPH. Right? Sounds like I could use a driver mod haha

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If your car boggs w/ 3000 RPM's................

That tells me that the track was better than you thought, should have tried a little bit more RPM's on the line!

Just saying.............

Racing just takes "Seat Time"

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In my defense, I haven't raced anything in 3 years. My last trip was in my TBSS and a Dakota R/T before that...in other words, no manual racing in about 8 years.

The 8.50 I was hoping for might be possible as-is?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I'd say your ET is pretty in line with your mph for street tires. With a 1.70 60' on drag radials, my R/T runs a high 7.8s to low 7.9s at 86mph.

Reactions: tm oneil

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
a "tenth" is quite a bit......

In my defense, I haven't raced anything in 3 years. My last trip was in my TBSS and a Dakota R/T before that...in other words, no manual racing in about 8 years.

The 8.50 I was hoping for might be possible as-is?
Don't get me wrong, your times are good but, just getting it to go even a "tenth" faster takes more that just "hoping and wishing" or couch racing, just go out and have fun and get the most out of you car!
If you get bit by the race bug, then all you will need is more "Cash" :bigthumb:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha if only hopes and dreams were enough....

I had forgotten how much fun this is, and the car took a beating like champ! I'll make a few more trips and see if I can get my time down, then its mod time :banana:

·
Registered
21 Posts
2014 r/t 5.7 6m.... my best 1/8th is 9.0 at 81mph...lots of wheel spin and bad/dirty track..I win about 80% of the time.. the 60 foot time is around 2.2 all stock>>> I want so bad to get some wide rims and some drag radials so I can see what it feels like to launch off the start line !!!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
autos are quicker by .5 or better. I've beaten 6.1's 64's and several 5.7's ,all six speeds. Luckily havent run any other autos.
But I have 110 passes on my car,my 1st pass was a [email protected] mph. So when you see practice, practice practice , believe it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What rims and tire are you using>>>>did you do anything in the back-end to get a 0* camber so the weight on the tire is across the whole tire

1 - 15 of 15 Posts