Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday at the Atlanta dragway. I will try to upload the timeslips tomorrow. I weighed the car with me in it and it was a whopping 4355 lbs. I weigh about 235.

My first run down the track was a 14.06 at 102.77 mph. Had a terrible reaction time .789. Deer in the headlights kind of thing. I bogged a good bit on the launch.

My next two runs were 13.84 and 13.86. Had a r/t of .119 on the second run and .287 on the third. my best 60ft was 2.21, 8th mile was 9.01 at 83 mph. 102.92 mph was my highest trap speed.

I was really hoping to do about two tenths better than that, but I am not complaining for my first time. Just need to get better at launching.

I enjoyed the hell out of it. :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Congrats on great times on your first time at the track. I have good reaction times, but my 60 ft sucks so I'm still mid-14's. :dunno:

The last day out, because it was so cold and hardly any cars, I had 17 runs trying to improve but I ended up getting worse. I think just too tired.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Val!

Maybe it has to do with your elevation. What are other stock cars running in your area?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Thanks Val!

Maybe it has to do with your elevation. What are other stock cars running in your area?
No one's running right now, too cold and snowy, but that day one other R/T 6-speed but new PB high 13's. His is also stock. Elevation 630 ft. It was windier in the afternoon though and colder. I still thought pretty good considering I'd never been at a track before. I plan on improving a lot this year.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am hooked now. I am sure I will be spending alot friday nights at the track trying to improve. This is going to cost me a fortune..... I just know it. lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
My first few times i was running consistent 14.0s, after practicing launching over and over, i got a pb of 13.51 bone stock. I think my best 60 ft. was 2.0.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yeah I am hooked now. I am sure I will be spending alot friday nights at the track trying to improve. This is going to cost me a fortune..... I just know it. lol
You have no idea, LOL.

I get out to the track if they are open for Test 'n Tune. I prefer Friday nights because the air gets better (usually) the later it gets and you don't have to stand around in the sun all day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice run BLU. I definitely think I can get into the mid 13's once I get launching dialed in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I changed my tune from 93 cai to 91 cai since I see alot of people saying it works better. So far it does seem to be better. I am going to go test the tune next friday. I will update this post with the results. I am sure that different cars have had varying results on this.

·
Premium Member
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
762 Posts
My next two runs were 13.84 and 13.86. Had a r/t of .119 on the second run and .287 on the third. my best 60ft was 2.21, 8th mile was 9.01 at 83 mph. 102.92 mph was my highest trap speed.

I was really hoping to do about two tenths better than that, but I am not complaining for my first time. Just need to get better at launching.
Yeah I had similar results my first time, spent too much time spinning at launch usually. Did some high 13's and low 14's first couple of times. My best was 13.4 @ 107.66 mph and a 60' of 1.9 after putting in a CAI and a Pred tune later in the season.

I changed my tune from 93 cai to 91 cai since I see alot of people saying it works better. So far it does seem to be better. I am going to go test the tune next friday. I will update this post with the results. I am sure that different cars have had varying results on this.
I tried both my last day at the track but my results were probably skewed because I wrongly figured I could grab some 93 or better gas on the way down to the track and I didn't. Wheel spin was so bad that day some times actually got worse with the 93 CAI tune, but everyone seemed to be having traction troubles that day so I'm gonna try again a couple of times before I jump to any conclusions.

And yeah it will cost you a fortune!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts