Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
All those times are slow unless the track altitude and weather puts the DA real high. Is this a 6.4 or 5.7 motor? If you went racing on 06/17/17 sat night at 9pm here is the DA WEATHER. The track altitude is 660 ft.
temperature: 75 deg f
uncorrected barometer: 29.159 Hg
humidity: 73 %
vapor pressure: 0.875 Hg
dew point: 65.850 deg f
grains: 97.6 ( this is real high for racing as it will richen the tune up)
air density: 92.645 %
density altitude: 2,592.241 ft ( this is also high DA for racing).

1/4 Mile ET 12.62
1/8 Mile ET 8.05

With the track altitude at 350 ft and good weather putting the DA at 1000 to 1500 ft this is what you should be running or lower with a 6.4 motor..

1/4 Mile ET 12.24 or lower.

1/8 Mile ET 7.80 or lower.

Here is your time for 8.80

1/4 Mile ET 13.77

1/8 Mile ET 8.80

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All those times are slow unless the track altitude and weather puts the DA real high.

1/4 Mile ET 12.62
1/8 Mile ET 8.05

With the track altitude at 350 ft and good weather putting the DA at 1000 to 1500 ft this is what you should be running or lower.

1/4 Mile ET 12.24 or lower.

1/8 Mile ET 7.80 or lower.

Thanks! Didn't feel very fast. There were other cars (couple hellcats ran 7.3x 7.4x) so I felt I was kinda in pecking order. I just have a stock rt with reso delete.

·
Registered
131 Posts
only track time ive gotten so far was an airport runway in the high nevada desert on memorial day weekend, 5950 ft altitude and 90 degrees best 1/4 was 13.9 at 105 with an 8.7 in the 1/4, 6 spd 6.4 l scat pack ( 2015) that ive had for 6 weeks, still learning the clutch and gas pedal dance so i dont blow the tires off at teh line and on the 1-2 shift, hoping to get a run or 15 at sonoma or sacramento one of these days to see what it can do when the DA isnt over 10K lol

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
8.0 versus 8.8 is a huge spread, and an 8.0 on street tires with the 6.4 is pretty good.

Do you have a 6.4 or 5.7 Hemi?

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
Those are good times if you have a 5.7L. If you have the 6.4L you could probably go a bit faster. You have a pretty big spread between your runs though with an 8.05 to 8.80. What happened there? Traction issues, track prep sucked, missed shift if an M6?

Main thing is you did well your first time out. You went there, you made some passes, and now you know what to expect the next time you go. The more seat time you get the better you'll drive and the lower your ET will get.

Easy things you can do for next time to pick up a bit would be:

1.) Pull the air filter at the track
2.) Air up your front tires to 45psi
3.) Remove junk from the trunk (trunk floor liner, air compressor, other stuff in there, etc)
4.) Ensure you're running 93 octane fuel at a minimum and run with 1/3 tank of fuel or less

Drag radials will make a huge difference in your ET as you'll be able to hook up. But that depends on how serious you want to get as those aren't cheap.

Congrats on making it down the track for your first time, you'll be hooked from here on out! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are good times if you have a 5.7L. If you have the 6.4L you could probably go a bit faster. You have a pretty big spread between your runs though with an 8.05 to 8.80. What happened there? Traction issues, track prep sucked, missed shift if an M6?

Main thing is you did well your first time out. You went there, you made some passes, and now you know what to expect the next time you go. The more seat time you get the better you'll drive and the lower your ET will get.

Easy things you can do for next time to pick up a bit would be:

1.) Pull the air filter at the track
2.) Air up your front tires to 45psi
3.) Remove junk from the trunk (trunk floor liner, air compressor, other stuff in there, etc)
4.) Ensure you're running 93 octane fuel at a minimum and run with 1/3 tank of fuel or less

Drag radials will make a huge difference in your ET as you'll be able to hook up. But that depends on how serious you want to get as those aren't cheap.

Congrats on making it down the track for your first time, you'll be hooked from here on out!
Thanks! I was actually more nervous the 2nd and 3rd passes! And I had a TON of junk in the trunk! I am definitely hooked as I've worked one Friday out of the month of work to go!

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
^ Sweet! Then you have some easy things to try next time out. Removing weight is always an easy way to drop some ET, especially when it's easy stuff like just removing simple stuff from the trunk, running less fuel, etc. Try those other things too next time that I mentioned and see how well you do then. It's fun to keep chipping away at the ET!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Lol that's a matter of perspective I suppose. Heck 10+ years ago that was a great time. Even now it's not too shabby for a 4000+ lb car!

I didnt no if he had a 6.4 or 5.7 and later found out he has a 5.7 and the 8.80 is just about right for his 5.7 and the 8.05 he got had to be for a 6.4 car as bone stock 5.7 don't run in the low 8.00s in the 1/8 mile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts