Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok So lets keep it helpful here as I am New at this. So I have a 2012 R/T 5.7 6 speed with 3:90 gear.
CAI Plus free flowing exhaust upgrade . second owner off a dealer Lot so I am not sure but I think they did the clutch check up grade ? Hard to tell as it dropps out fine.
Ok So I got a Diablo i3 . Also 2nd hand. Had them upgrade it and so on. I put the 91 fuel tune in it So I think. But what is with the throttle setting ? Should I bump it up ? Also I am sure one of you guys have used this to its max so what can I do to get a little more out of it ?
Oh and also can I keep hooking it up and changing things till it feels better or is it a set and hit deal ?
Thank you for any and all help as at 58 its tuff relearning this computer plug an play stuff ! LoL !!

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,226 Posts
Ok So lets keep it helpful here as I am New at this. So I have a 2012 R/T 5.7 6 speed with 3:90 gear.
CAI Plus free flowing exhaust upgrade . second owner off a dealer Lot so I am not sure but I think they did the clutch check up grade ? Hard to tell as it dropps out fine.
Ok So I got a Diablo i3 .
Which version, 8300 or 8345? There is a difference, and if you’re in California, only one of those is legal to use on your car (the 8300).

Also 2nd hand. Had them upgrade it and so on. I put the 91 fuel tune in it So I think. But what is with the throttle setting ?
Throttle Boost is a setting that controls the way the PCM interprets the signals from your gas pedal. Changed to it do not change anything in the engine’s tune per se, they would just change how the gas pedal’s position is sent to the PCM (which opens the throttle body in response). Instead of the throttle opening halfway when you push pedal half way, it might open 65% for 50% pedal

Should I bump it up ?
Max it out; set it to the highest value it will allow (20 IIRC).

Also I am sure one of you guys have used this to its max so what can I do to get a little more out of it ?
More out of the tuner? Not much if it’s the 8300 version of the i3. Load a canned tune and run the gasoline with same octane (or higher) specified by that tune. That’s about it for the 8300.

If you have the 8345 i3, you can also pay for a custom tune to be done and then load it into car’s computer using the i3, or make some changes yourself to keep it from reducing timing when knock is detected.

Oh and also can I keep hooking it up and changing things till it feels better or is it a set and hit deal ?
No limit on how many times you can hook it up, go nuts!

Thank you for any and all help as at 58 its tuff relearning this computer plug an play stuff ! LoL !!
In addition to the canned tunes you can load, that device will allow you to record logs of data being spit out by the car’s computer while you’re driving it, ostensibly at WOT. That is a very important and extremely useful feature you should familiarize yourself with (or even better - master it). It could prove invaluable to you in the future.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Very much ! I just wanted someone who has used it before to fill me in. I am in PA and it is a 8320-R / i3

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,226 Posts
Hmmm, I’m not familiar with the 8320...when I checked their website, I only saw the (50 state legal/no custom tuning) 8300 and the 8345 for custom tunes and such.

As long as it’s not the 8300, you likely have the extra abilities. Play with it, see what it’s got. You never know what you will find! :D

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,111 Posts
Features:
Wi Fi Updates
Data Logging
Check Clear DTCs
5 Volt Data Logging Inputs
Accepts Custom Tunes from CMR
Calibrate Speedometer for Gear Ratio
Calibrate Speedometer for Tire Size