Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little nervous but I think I did fairly well. All stock on 275s.

R/T - 1.102
60' - 2.208
330 - 5.655
1/8 - 8.415
MPH - 89.52
1000 - 10.767

1/4 - 12.770
MPH - 109.12

Attachments

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I assume a manual transmission? Good job, sure is fun isn't it? :)

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
No, I have the 8 speed auto. Ya, it was a blast :D
There's a lot more in the car, but hey your first pass is in the 12s! Not too many people can say that :)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Great Start, keep at it, and you will shave 1/10's quickly

·
Registered
168 Posts
Nice man, it's a lot of fun isn't it?
What was the density altitude,? I would have expected 111 or more miles an hour. With a good day, an automatic should run a 12.5... I'm going out with my stock 6-speed Scat Pack Shaker car, in about 5 weeks. I'm hoping for a 12.5, 212.7 . on stock tires. 275 40 20s Pirelli summer Tires. I also brought a set of drag tires, I will try to run those tires later in the day. But I want to get a stock time on stock tires first. I will post the times very soon. Please forgive the hijack

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
486 Posts
I was a little nervous but I think I did fairly well. All stock on 275s.

R/T - 1.102
60' - 2.208
330 - 5.655
1/8 - 8.415
MPH - 89.52
1000 - 10.767

1/4 - 12.770
MPH - 109.12
Well that's much better than I was able to manage on my very first runs last fall.
A lot of tire spinning and wheel hop.
3 runs with 60' up around 2.3 to 2.4
ET's and speed: 13.184 @ 110.51
[email protected]
and [email protected]

Pretty bad!
Not sure if I should practice with Street tires for a while or go directly to drag radials.:|

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well that's much better than I was able to manage on my very first runs last fall.
A lot of tire spinning and wheel hop.
3 runs with 60' up around 2.3 to 2.4
ET's and speed: 13.184 @ 110.51
[email protected]
and [email protected]

Pretty bad!
Not sure if I should practice with Street tires for a while or go directly to drag radials.:|
Here are my stock tires and wheels. Next to them are my new drag Tires and Wheels. Fr500 17 by 9 satin black. Tires are M&H racemaster 275 50 17. Drag radials.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Here are my stock tires and wheels. Next to them are my new drag Tires and Wheels. Fr500 17 by 9 satin black. Tires are M&H racemaster 275 50 17. Drag radials.

Just noticed the directional arrow on those drag radials. I never gave that a thought and never notice any of the ads mentioning it.:surprise:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just noticed the directional arrow on those drag radials. I never gave that a thought and never notice any of the ads mentioning it.:surprise:
There is just a light amount of tread, but it does seem to bias towards a certain direction. According to the manufacturer after I use them for a while I can actually reverse them. And use them in the opposite direction that will be a benefit to me. The small amount of tread, is just to give it a little bit of drivability on the road if there is some rain. But they are basically unidirectional at the track. But of course I will drive them in correct Arrow Direction my first time. I should have some results in the middle and part of March to paint on weather. I can't wait

·
Registered
486 Posts
That is interesting about the directional thing. I've been looking for info on the subject and did find some mention of what your saying about unidirectional after some breaking in.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you make out with them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That is interesting about the directional thing. I've been looking for info on the subject and did find some mention of what your saying about unidirectional after some breaking in.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you make out with them.
My voice to text did not work correctly. I will be racing it in the middle to end part of April. Although it's not a drag car. I'm hoping to run 12.5 or 12.6 with a stock tires. I'm hoping to run 12.3. With the sticky tires. I'm going to run it with stock weight, and stock tires to get a base time first

1 - 16 of 16 Posts