Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took our first trip in the Challenger this past weekend, traveled total of about 1,000 miles from Westerm Kentucky to Gatlinburg, Tn. First tank was all interstate, averaged 24 mpg, second tank was mostly in the mountains and partly interstate, averaged 18.5 mpg. I was very pleased with gas mileage and enjoyed the car in the mountains. We got lots of compliments on the car, everybody liked it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Paducah, Kentucky. I would attend the challenger fest, except I already have plans of attending Thunder on the Beach motorcycle rally at Panama City Beach Florida the same week. We have planned this trip for about 6 months, ling before I bought the Challenger. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We took our first trip in the Challenger this past weekend, traveled total of about 1,000 miles from Westerm Kentucky to Gatlinburg, Tn. First tank was all interstate, averaged 24 mpg, second tank was mostly in the mountains and partly interstate, averaged 18.5 mpg. I was very pleased with gas mileage and enjoyed the car in the mountains. We got lots of compliments on the car, everybody liked it.
That is awesome.
The Challenger does do a great job for road trips.
Dodge did an amazing job with the seats as well, very comfortable.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
This is by far the best long range trip car I have ever owned. It is simply put, perfect for long trips. I don't feel cramped, the ride is ultra smooth, the car feels well planted, the wind doesn't shove it around, you can see the hood (I like being able to see my hoods), it's very quiet inside. What else is there to say?

Last August I threw 2600+ miles driving from Milwaukee to San Antonio. I could not have done it in single driving stretches in any other car. The way down we did stop in Springfield Missouri for a few hours sleep at a motel, but that was it. The way back was non stop except for gas- 22 hours. No aches, just incredibly tired eyes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts