Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chariot is silver billet metallic and I’m thinking of getting this distressed US flag vinyl 1565835979603.jpeg and putting it on my sunroof? Anyone else do something like this? If so, post pics...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,666 Posts

I don't believe he's on this forum any more

A Guy

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
489 Posts
Hey, I was entertaining doing the same thing until I saw these distressed flags for the side windows which I can’t really use anyway.
( this is the only picture I had available at the moment. I was mocking up my new black chrome PVD rims for it. )

Dodge Challenger Distressed American Flag Window Decal 2008-2018

I think they look great and the quality was really high on them as well.

Here is their website.

They also have flags for the sunroof.
I like the distressed look myself. On mine I added a green stripe to support Military, and a Red one for Firemen / 1st Responders.

I’m debating about one on my sunroof as well but might go with something else.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed it today. I figured it would be a 15 minute job, with the longest part being prepping it (I cleaned the sunroof first with glass cleaner, then wiped it down with alcohol).

However, the actual install takes time to do it right. The most difficult part is getting the air bubbles out, as they are hard to see because of the distressed markings of the graphic. I had done stubborn bubbles that wouldn’t come out so I had to pierce them to expel the water. Each time I thought I resolved all the bubbles, I’d see more from a different angle or lighting. I hope I got everything because I don’t want it tearing up when I slide the sunroof open.

I’ll give it a few days and report back and post some pics. For now it looks good, but we’ll see.

Oh yeah, I think it would look good with any color car, but the color is an exact match to my Sliver Metallic Billet so it looks really cool. Of course with that color the only place to install it would be the sunroof as you wouldn’t be able to see it on the paint.

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101
489 Posts
I installed it today. I figured it would be a 15 minute job, with the longest part being prepping it (I cleaned the sunroof first with glass cleaner, then wiped it down with alcohol).

However, the actual install takes time to do it right. The most difficult part is getting the air bubbles out, as they are hard to see because of the distressed markings of the graphic. I had done stubborn bubbles that wouldn’t come out so I had to pierce them to expel the water. Each time I thought I resolved all the bubbles, I’d see more from a different angle or lighting. I hope I got everything because I don’t want it tearing up when I slide the sunroof open.

I’ll give it a few days and report back and post some pics. For now it looks good, but we’ll see.

Oh yeah, I think it would look good with any color car, but the color is an exact match to my Sliver Metallic Billet so it looks really cool. Of course with that color the only place to install it would be the sunroof as you wouldn’t be able to see it on the paint.
I'm looking forward to the pictures!

I'm also curious if there is much rubbing well the sunroof opens.

The flag decal I'm looking that they will make for me to place on the inside or the outside so I'm curious if there is an advantage to either.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts

You should be OK. Give it a couple of days in the sun, and those tiny bubbles will disappear. You won't even see where you pierced anything if it's hot enough where you are.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I noticed the pics I took from the one angle make it look like the flag is off-centered. Trust me, I’m OCD - the flag is properly centered. This is from a different angle.
584CC884-65E6-44F2-BC2B-2777A7A84FD3.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts