Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got off the phone with my local dodge dealer who has been working on my "running rich" problem. Chrysler has told the dealership that they will be working on a new "flash" or computer update to fix the emissions problems. Sounds like this is going to be a hush hush fix due to the federal emission standards, not my words, theirs.

The dealership advised me to call my local dealer every other week to be informed about this fix when it is released.

Sounds like a lot of work for a new car. They should be informing us about this update especially after we dropped 45k on a car.

:scratchhead:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I got off the phone with my local dodge dealer who has been working on my "running rich" problem. Chrysler has told the dealership that they will be working on a new "flash" or computer update to fix the emissions problems. Sounds like this is going to be a hush hush fix due to the federal emission standards, not my words, theirs.

The dealership advised me to call my local dealer every other week to be informed about this fix when it is released.

Sounds like a lot of work for a new car. They should be informing us about this update especially after we dropped 45k on a car.

:scratchhead:
so what are the symptoms that you had? mine has 140 miles and nothing so far....thanks

·
Registered
416 Posts
Note to self: Mark the_mazz_man off your "safe to provide proprietary info to" list. Just kiddin'. Thanks for the info!

Yep. This will end up being Chrysler's downfall... the final nail in the coffiin. I can see the headlines now:

Bailed-Out, Ratted-Out... Chrysler's Attempt to subvert Federal Emissions goes up in smoke

"the mazz man", as he's known, was once a loley forum personality, but now he's the man at the center of the biggest enviro-scandal in the history of the auto industry.

"I'm buying him a mansion, complete with a garage capable of holding 10 Toyota Prius'; he'll never have to worry about money again", former Vice President Al Gore was quoted as saying. "He's a hero to us greenies".

TMZ reported "the mazz man" leaked information on Chrysler's plot to skirt federal emission laws while spewing his contempt on Challengertalk for the richness at which his 2012 Challenger's engine was running, when he "inadvertedly" stated Dodge would fix his problem (and the potential problems of thousands of other Dodge products) by supplying their dealerships with an engine computer tune that would ruin the environment, increase global warming (if it existed), liquify human bone and possibly be the cause for a mass extinction event in the near future.

United Nations Global Warming committee participants stated "this is the watershed moment of environmental consciousness... before this, we didn't have a leg to stand on, we were dead in the water and our lies and deception were exposed... now, we expect to make owning a gasoline-burning vehicle a crime punishable by death in every nation on earth".

Millions of car enthusiasts across the USA and Canada have put a bounty on the mazz man's head, which is expected to be worth close to $1,000... (the projected cost of a gallon of gas in 2018).

Developing....

LMAO!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have close to 800 miles and my car seems to be running well. Did you get a check engine light or something? I'm curious on the symptoms as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
great posts but the issue was stemmed from an engine light which came up meaning the engine is running rich on fuel. It's an emissions problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why don;t you take it to a dyno and get an actual reading of the AF at WOT. Curious how rich its running to throw a code. Do you know the code off hand?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Any new info on this Flash update?

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
OMOM you made me spit out my cannabis......LMFAO!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had mine on the dyno yesterday and it registered an AFR of 11.5. A little rich but not too bad for a stock tune.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Mine threw an engine code for multiple cylinder misfires. The dealer re-flashed the fuel adaptives. They said a few cars got bad fuel at the factory, and the computer "learned" the bad habit. Since the re-flash, I've not thrown any codes but cold starts idle a little rough (still). Once the engine is warmed up (1-2 minutes) the idle is smooth. We're waiting to see if it throws a code again; in the meantime I'm running the car a little more often to see what happens. A flash for rich fuel might just help me out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Getting the 2097 and 2099 code. Bought a little hand scanner and just turning the light off and deleting the code whenever the light comes on. Seems to just be a nuisance until they get the flash update

1 - 15 of 15 Posts