Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a blast owning this Challenger, hanging out with my fellow SoCal Challenger crew. The car bone stock already attracts a lot of attention, even more so with the true fire paint job.

I wanted to try a different look but didn't want to paint over the custom paint. A good solution is to get the car wrapped.

Meguiars has this new product line called WRAPTIVO. It's basically a 3M vinyl film used to protect and preserve the custom paint while giving the car a whole new look. They're all about surface care so this new line makes sense I guess. It comes in flat black, flat white, carbon fiber and brushed aluminum film for now. They've asked to use my car for product development and here are some pics of the process.

And they wrapped the roof in Carbon Fiber film.

Here are some pics of the finished product.

Will do a proper photoshoot later on but for now, you can find more pics and info HERE

It took about a day for the full wrap. No word on how much this will retail for but check Wraptivo.com for updates.

I'd like to add some gloss black stripes later on to break up the flat black color. But they might rewrap it to try a different film so I'll wait when they're done.

Studio Shots:

Video Promo from Wraptivo.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am confused, it protects your custom paint, but youcant see your custom paint with it on so whats the point?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wanted to do that to mine but letting people get used to the purple before I do. Looks great!

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
I agree with Jeff, it looks great both ways!
BTW, is there a chance of bubbling after a while?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Looks great. I have thought about getting mine wrapped for a while.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
Looks great Jon. Glad you still have the true fire paint job it is the best know Challenger around.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dude, I'm really never about 'customization' to that extent, but dang!

That is one sweet @$$ ride you have there. Props!

just... gank that Rams Head off and put the old school dodge lettering on the hood.... come on... picture it!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I always wondered what it would look like to make my roof flat black on my Hemi Orange to mimic the black vinyl roof of the 60's.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the feedbacks guys. Much appreciated.

Looks great! How much did that cost to do, still prefer your flames tho!
They are still doing product development, testing different thickness and materials so no word on cost yet.

I am confused, it protects your custom paint, but youcant see your custom paint with it on so whats the point?
If you just want paint protection without covering it, 3M has that clear film too but this is specifically if you want to change the look of your car without repainting it.

I agree with Jeff, it looks great both ways!
BTW, is there a chance of bubbling after a while?
No bubbling or lifting so far. I've been told that the thicker films (Carbon Fiber and Brushed aluminium) have a potential of lifting if applied to really curved surfaces. There are a few bubbles that needed to be squeezed out from initial install which is typical for any wraps.

Hey, you weren't up in North Hollywood/Burbank this last weekend were you? I was passed by a flat black Challenger and a black Camaro going the opposite direction up by the studios. It had black wheels and blacked out headlights just like yours and mine. I figured it was some sort of movie car or something.
Hey sup man. Missed you guys at the last event. But yeah, it wasn't my car you saw as I was in OC the whole weekend. I'm sure we have a few flat black challengers roaming around here in SoCal.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
would these raps be tempoary for road trips etc>
like just get the front done?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
would these raps be tempoary for road trips etc>
like just get the front done?
These wraps are def. temporary maybe 3-5 years I believe. But if you just to protect the front, I suggest those car bra or the 3M clear bra.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts