Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local shop had a dyno day yesterday and Flattop set the bar for most hp. 609 with a vortec and a 75 shot and a base tune. Still more left on the table, maybe he will hit 700 next time out.

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Thanks closer. the little 75 shot pill was really only good for barley 60hp.
The motor was built for lots of boost, lots of spray. I have niether. lol
Vortech V-3 and everything I can throw at it with the 392 barley makes 11lbs at the top of 6000rpm.
Boost starts at 4psi at 4000 rpm and ramps up with rpm to 10 to 11. Id like to start at 10psi and ramp to 16psi or so but the little V-3 wont do it, need a YSI for that
Spray, thats another story, dont think cause its says 75hp you get 75. so on and so on. Maybe some do, the zex didnt. My origional thoughts on the build was use the two small power adders in liew of one big one.
So I have a choice, the YSI or a big ol shot fogger or something.
Its all coin, motor as said is ready for whatever. My knot in the pocket isnt. lol lol
I probally will make a choice soon, and i want the YSI soooo i dunno yet.
The 392 cam,,good cam. Shut off at 6000rpm, i mean shuts off, Done. Just like my blower, out of volume. I need a cam ground for my power adders. Also comeing soon.
Im to write up exactly what gave me what HP and what changes I made over the winter. Elect vac pump, dual CC, 3in exhaust to 2.75 and I used the bottle mufflers and yes the factory rear resinators to be quite.
For you guys that would like to know it will be available in a couple days. Real detail.
FlatTop
We will analize this with the fine tooth comb.
I still pulled timing 1.5deg useing 110oct fuel, only have 10deg in it now.
Last year I ran 11:16 at 125 with 520s rwhp. I should get into the 10s at this point. with my set up, converter, fuel system, ect,ect.that works very well in Harmony.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The Vortec V3 is a good little blower but runs out of volumetric efficiency at around 12/13 lbs (as you already see). Different car, but I am wastegating mine to 12 lbs for that very reason. You could see of a Paxton 2200 would bolt up. Is offers better low end than a YSI and would be good up to 16 lbs easily.

It sounds like you have a fun project on your hands.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,890 Posts
Congrats those are some nice numbers, especially considering you didn't go too heavy on the nitrous. I'm looking forward to the details on your build.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Im posting the dyno graph and the spread sheet. I went wot when I pushed the button for the pull you can see my number 2 pump kick in as shown why the graph dont have the longer curve in one line, has that drop in it just carry the line straight up but hey way it goes. I will bring the pump in sooner and rescale the injectors.
It was pig rich in the mid 10s on a/f
So heres something to look at guys.
FlatTop

Attachments

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
The Vortec V3 is a good little blower but runs out of volumetric efficiency at around 12/13 lbs (as you already see). Different car, but I am wastegating mine to 12 lbs for that very reason. You could see of a Paxton 2200 would bolt up. Is offers better low end than a YSI and would be good up to 16 lbs easily.

It sounds like you have a fun project on your hands.
Fun, yes it is, when its not im done. I barley hit 11psi and most time its 10 and way up top 5 to 6400
During a pull, 3000 to 5000rpm I only have 4 to 8 lbs at 4000rpm its at 4lbs and 425hp as the dyno shows. My TC stalls there at 4000 so im leaving the line on the TC with 425hp. I get 1:52 60fts
When I had the stock 5.7 it made 8lbs when I did the 392 it sucked the air out of the v-3 so i had to do pulleys to get all I could. I only had like 5 or 6 lbs when I started it after the rebuild.
Probally work good on the stock factory glass piston 392. Be safe anyway then have some room to grow.
FlatTop

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Who tuned that? You should be making more than 600 to the tires on a 75 shot and 11psi with a 392 assuming you are in the 9-9.5:1 CR range.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who tuned that? You should be making more than 600 to the tires on a 75 shot and 11psi with a 392 assuming you are in the 9-9.5:1 CR range.
As stated above, he was running a base tune and is using a blower too small for his displacement. Sure it peaked at 11 psi just before redline, but boost is much lower below 6000.
The owner of the dyno showed me sheets of the same car ran on his dyno and a dynojet, and his read an average of 4% lower so on a dynojet Gene would have had a little over 633 to the wheels. Not bad and there is quite a bit left on the table

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Hi Laker
Not leaned on it yet. Log shows 3 or 4 psi at 4000 and only 10deg of timing. Email starter tune.
I dont have a tuner here I trust. SHR is 12hr one way, so any direction im screwed.
The 75 shot only made 60hp Bottle psi was 950 so wasnt like it was cold.
Stock 5.7 heads, stock 392 cam. Just has a really good bottom end so i can throw whatever i can at it.
Id like the YSI and its another 3500.00 that I cannot spend YET... Anyone want to offer, send coin to paypal.
A member here with simular motor as mine and the YSI made 1085hp too bad he is a six speed.
No I dont want or need that hp. like to stop at 650 to 700 in Harmony and make the car work to use it.
FlatTop

Back in the old days of 08 and 09 it would of been 800+ and a dyno sheet to show it....On 91 Pump fuel lol lol a big LIE
Also, if I want to go really fast, I can jump into a dragster or alterd and go 7s real safe. Did my 6 passes for my pro comp lisc.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Good luck getting her dialed in. You might want to think about getting a properly setup cam and heads before dropping more coin on a YSI. Although those things are absolute beasts to be sure.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried emailing and texting it to Gene, file was too large. Sorry man not sure how else to do it

·
Registered
260 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts