Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anything I should know before I buy a floor jack? I want to use it mainly to jack up one corner at a time to change wheels. Will all of them fit under the Challenger. There isn't alot of clearance from body to floor. Should the 1 1/2 ton work fine? Jeg's sells them as well as Junior's Tools.

· Registered
673 Posts
I bought two 3-ton Craftman floor jacks at Sears yesterday. Regularly $100. On sales for $70. These suckers weigh 75 pounds each. I think they are about 5.5" high when lowered and they lift to a height of almost 20". Some of the little jacks only lift to a height of 13" and they are kinda wimpy looking. I also have one of those. I wanted some heavier jacks with more lift height so that I could install my Solo exhaust.

· Registered
493 Posts
For a SRT you need a floor jack that is no higher then 4.75" in the down position or it will not work in the front - at least not on my car with its stock height.

If you are not in a huge hurry you can watch Amazon and catch one that has free shipping. I have a Sears 3 ton that is about 20 years and it is fine for the back but will not fit under the front. I was watching several jacks at Northern Tool, Harbor Freight, and Amazon. Caught an aluminum / steel combo for under $100., shipping was free, and the min. height was 4.5". Got the jack a couple of weeks ago and very happy with it.

If you do searches online you will starting picking up on the same designed jacks but with different names on them. I saw the one I purchased for as much as $329 but most like it were in the $200. - $250. Amazon's normal price was around $150. but had it on sale with the free shipping.

I was wanting an all aluminum jack but the aluminum / steel is so much lighter than the old steel jack I have it is like throwing around a rag doll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.