Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend floor liners besides WeatherTech that are decent? I'd like to check out some other options (if any exist) because WeatherTech is kind of pricey. I wanted to know if there are any other cheaper ones of decent quality that won't emit horrible yoga-mat like fumes or melt to a pulp.

Also, are there any good trunk liners? What's up with that felt-y material in the trunk? Is there a reason they decided to use that type of material? I always have the worst time picking up anything (including small bits of pollen and dried leaf particles) that mercilessly sticks to it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went with Husky Liner (similar to weather tech). They are a tad cheaper and for me the area around the dead pedal covers higher up on the floor board which was important having a the 6 speed.

I have had them in two cars now with no issues, we have weather tech in the wife's car. Both are great , but for a car with a manual manual gearbox, I prefer the Husky's.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm a Husky Liner Weatherbeater fan too! Husky part #98071. I got mine on Amazon last year and they are quality mats. Here are some actual photos of mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the recommendations. I will check out the Husky liners. And thanks for the photo exhibits- they look nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have had Weather Techs on 2 Challengers so on my current one I decided to try something different.I bought the Husky Liners.Love them!They look better and the best part is the driver side comes up and covers the dead pedal.The Weather Techs do not so moisture and debris get down behind them when you put your foot there.The whole set front and rear cost less than just the front Weather Techs.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Here is a quick link to all the products for your challenger, since I believe you have a 2017. The trunk mat is also shown on this page and all products are 10% off through Labor Day with FREE shipping. Right now this might be the best deal out there from what I can see. I haven't got the trunk liner myself yet, but I plan to over the Winter.

Husky Liner Products for 2015-17 Dodge Challengers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link. It appears that the Husky floor liners won't fit the GT. Shucks. When I changed the dropdown menu from RWD to "other", the floor liner option disappeared and only a trunk liner was available. I just called them to double check and they confirmed the mats won't properly fit a GT due to the transmission tunnel. Darn it.
The dealer paper mat I have on the floor is starting to get real worn out. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
955 Posts
I just bought the OEM slush mats. Mopar accessory, rubber floor mats. Complete set (front and rear) was $106. They are made by Dodge so as you would assume, they fit perfectly.

I would buy them again.

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
I've got the Huskys, almost two years later and still happy with them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
CH1GG5, how do the front mats attach to the transmission tunnel?
They have a very neat system if you ask me. If you look towards the top of the mat on the tunnel, you'll see a gold piece of metal. On the back side is a plastic card (similar to a credit car but its more of a pointed egg shape). This little plastic card rotates and simply tucks under the moulding where the carpet meets the plastic. They have about 2-3 on each side of the mat and it makes it very snug. I've had weathertechs in other cars and these secure much better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OregonScat, any pics of your factory rubber mats? I need mats for my car... right now she has none at all and I'm looking at different options.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Exactly the reason I bought them.Have had 2 sets of Weather Techs and they were fine but I prefer the Huskys as they do cover the dead pedal area much better and are a bit cheaper.Got front and back for what the front Weather Techs cost.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I just got my Husky floor liners today for my 17 Challenger. Do you guys have a problem with the liners don't sitting flat? Would you guys just leave something heavy on it overnight? It seems like the spikey parts will be touching the plastic part once i have it laying flat. would that damage the plastic part? Do you guys have that issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just got my Husky floor liners today for my 17 Challenger. Do you guys have a problem with the liners don't sitting flat? Would you guys just leave something heavy on it overnight? It seems like the spikey parts will be touching the plastic part once i have it laying flat. would that damage the plastic part? Do you guys have that issue?
I've been trying to find an answer to the same damn question. I've had them for about two years now on my 2014...

The back ones fit fine... not there there is much to cover there anyways.

The passenger's side one sits okay but could be better, but damn does the driver's side one drive me nuts. I might put the OEM ones back or try buying the Mopar rubber ones cause if they don't sit flat on the sides it almost defeats the point cause any dirt, grass, or whatever will still get to the floor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts