Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Flowmaster Force II by itself with no other mods sounds alright, louder than stock for sure, but nothing impressive. With a CAI added in there, it sounds even better; with ported TB and/or ported intake, the tone starts to become more aggressive (and louder still).

With all the air mods + a Diablo tune the Force II kit sounds VERY nice - moderately aggressive, not obnoxiously loud outside, and very comfortable volume level inside (*very comfortable to me because I've experienced much worse drone: i.e. massive headaches cruising at 60~80mph in a Pontiac GP GTP with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am looking into the Flowmaster Force II. Does the system's sound mellow out after being installed after a while?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Here's the link for the 3.6

Flowmastermufflers Mobile
Thanks. It does look good. I'm seriously considering the Pypes set-up, but I'd like to hear more about the FM Force II n the 3.6. This week I'm installing he Airaid CAI.

Mr. Greenheart and Chicagoland, or anyone else with experience with the Force II: so, only a little drone? Is it a deeper tone? Any HP or MPG gain or lose?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks. It does look good. I'm seriously considering the Pypes set-up, but I'd like to hear more about the FM Force II n the 3.6. This week I'm installing he Airaid CAI.

Mr. Greenheart and Chicagoland, or anyone else with experience with the Force II: so, only a little drone? Is it a deeper tone? Any HP or MPG gain or lose?

With just a CAI and the Force II exhaust, the drone is very minimal. But if you have plans of adding any or all of these in the future: ported TB, ported intake, custom tune, the drone will become louder. I've done all available bolt-ons for the 3.6 plus a custom Diablo tune, the drone is almost what SOME would say is slightly annoying from inside the cabin. It seems the custom Diablo tune made the biggest difference in sound, being the final mod in the list (exhaust > CAI > ported TB > ported intake > tune). With no hard evidence to back up these statements, I will say from casual observation (with just the exhaust kit) the MPG went up +1 at best and didn't change at worst; HP at top end increased slightly, torque at low end more or less unchanged.

If you've lived with bad droning with previous vehicles, then how my car is currently would be of no bother to you. But seeing as how the Force II kit is one of the quietest aftermarket systems out for the 3.6, I think it's a great buy for anyone concerned about drone (and not wanting to stay stock). Mine currently sounds 3x better/louder than I expected of the Force II when I first got it. The custom tune (along with all bolt-ons) makes soft-launching in 2nd gear loud/deep, launching in D w/ medium throttle the shifts are very smooth and exhaust is less deep/loud but has a f**king beautiful crescendo.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I first posted this, Jeg's was selling it for under $600. Now everybody and their brother wants $800+. Looks like it's a fair market item now.
I found a Gibson system p/n 617007 on various sites that are going for about $650. Can't tell you where. I'll be in violation of the rules (hint: use Google).
Has anybody installed the Gibson system?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm leaning more towards the FM Force II than the Pypes. The Gibson looks good too, but haven't heard from anyone that has it, or even a sound clip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts