Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger r/t. Plus
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have two flow masters super 44s they are 3 inch and I’m trying to see if I should put them in the middle or in the back I’m trying to get a clip or a video with her but I haven’t found it if you do please can you share with me thank you

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
So I have two flow masters super 44s they are 3 inch and I’m trying to see if I should put them in the middle or in the back I’m trying to get a clip or a video with her but I haven’t found it if you do please can you share with me thank you
the middle ones function as the traditional muffler in the exhaust system of these cars. The rear ones act as resonators to knock down certain sound frequencies most people find unpleasant, aka drone.

Your best bet is to install the replacement mufflers in the middle, and either leave the rears in place or possibly remove them.

personally, I love the sound of these cars’ exhaust with a good aftermarket muffler(s) in the middle and the rear resos completely removed, but I recognize that makes most folks cringe.

Most folks seem to have an aversion to “drone” which precludes doing any exhaust upgrade that doesn’t leave the resonators in place. If you are one of these people, leave the rear units as-is.

If you would rather hear the full effect of the Flowmasters at any RPM and within any gear, 86 the rear units

Reactions: SRTIFIED392
1 - 2 of 2 Posts