Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen much from anyone on the 50's so I thought I'd post what I've done.

:guiness:Deleted resonators, and the suitcase drove me nuts at highway speed (70ish) after about 2 hours. (Thank God wife wasn't in car.) Pulled the suitcase yesterday and had 2 Delta 50 series Flowmasters installed at suitcase location.

I didn't anything insanely loud, but I wanted to hear it through the rpm range. So, I had settled on a magnaflow set up, but the posts coming out lately about fitment, customer service and the feedback from two muffler shops (Matt's in Seaside and Marco in Sacramento) both led me back to using the Flowmasters (made in the USA). Matt's indicated they normally recommend the 50s in hot rods and now it seems as though I am hearing them about every 1-1.5 hours(!) up at the corner. A word of caution, he was very concerned that the 40's would drive me nuts.

The 50 series Delta (they also have an SUV version) was a very good alternative for me. For the most part, I like (it's more like love) the sound through the entire rpm range, although I am tempted to go with some kind of glass packs (?) in the rear just to give it something different or I may jst have to slap some headers on it at some point.

Another word of caution, there are times when you can't hear it on the inside, but it isn't very often. This is fine with me... it only takes a tap to make it sing. Besides, I really don't need any attention, and this car fails that test standing still in the parking lot. :scratchhead:
Can't wait to hit the road today.:redcap:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Added K&N air filter to above

I don't know if this is just my imagination but the flowmaster combined with the new K&N air filter seems to have made a significant impact to performance at the low end. It's almost as if the engine is working effortlessly to climb hills etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think I figured out why so many people say their Super 40s and 44s aren't loud enough... They want to hear it over 600 W of pounding stereo. Ha ha. Now that I'm 41 (not super 41), the ears are sensitive and dimmed, and maybe I just don't need a lot to get the engines revvin. But I get it. Have fun. Im just saying, I can hear these 50s and so can every car within 4 - 5 car lengths (when needed). And it sounds sweet. I'll try to get a video up tomorrow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Think I figured out why so many people say their Super 40s and 44s aren't loud enough... They want to hear it over 600 W of pounding stereo. Ha ha. Now that I'm 41 (not super 41), the ears are sensitive and dimmed, and maybe I just don't need a lot to get the engines revvin. But I get it. Have fun. Im just saying, I can hear these 50s and so can every car within 4 - 5 car lengths (when needed). And it sounds sweet. I'll try to get a video up tomorrow.
Super 41 haha!

I'd love to hear this setup.

·
Registered
353 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts