Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just installed my Xmas gift. The Flowmaster American Thunder cat backs with the super 40 mufflers. Thanks to Speedy for showing how easy it could be done. Just like he says the biggest pain is removing the stock system, especially doing it on jackstands. However I did not have any issues with the hangars on the pipes or any alignment issues whatsoever. Just had to really take my time on the alignment in order to get the neccessary clearances away from the driveshaft. The sound is great, really gives it a nasty growl and and such a cleaner look without those clunky friggen resonators!!! Attached some pics for the new guys to really see the difference between the stock setup on the 6 spds and the Flowmaster system. For the $580 my wife paid with free shipping to Alaska Amazon really had the best deal going. I can honestly recommend this product. Now if only BilletTech would make those darn quad port exhaust tips!!!:browsmiley:

V/R
JC :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Nice! How is the drone with the AT system? I had gotten the Force II system with the 44's but it has resonators so its not as loud, though louder than stock. I was pretty happy with it until I did a side by side comparison with the wifes GT w/borla s-type exhaust. :( Now I'm toying with the idea of cutting off the resonators of the F II and making my own American Thunder system out of it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I won't be able to give you an honest answer till spring. It is sitting on jacks for the winter here in Alaska...LOL!!! I revved her up a few times though and ran the rpms up to about 4K and I didn't hear anything. I was actually rather surprised that it wasn't louder considering the confines of my garage. Granted this may change after the mufflers break in a bit but I have not read or heard of any negative drone effects with this system. Telling you though, dump those resonators, they are pure crap. You know the only reason why Dodge designed them into their system was to please the granny crowd.....ridiculous....:notallthere:
Later,
JC :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
I removed the resonators (replaced with Blastin' Bobs glass packs) and I can see why some folks would find the drone annoying at 1800 - 2000 RPM. I've gotten used to it and do enjoy the louder exhaust. A good trade-off, I think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seriously thinking about the American Thunder system. Looking for opinions...

How many guys out there have it and are happy/unhappy with it??

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I can afford $600 for exhaust. I did away with the "Suitcase" (the muffler) and kept the resonators (for now). I'm looking for something inexpensive to replace them with. I want to keep the stock tips as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Seriously thinking about the American Thunder system. Looking for opinions...

How many guys out there have it and are happy/unhappy with it??
I friend of mine has an 09 RT auto. He put the American Thunder on his car and loves it. I rode in the car once after he had it put on and I had to get out. The drone really bothered me. Goes to show you really have to hear it yourself to know if you can live with it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love mine and I really do not notice any drone. Some people's ears just tune in on different things I think. I get annoyed with the lifter tick of the motor more than anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts