Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Any experience, knowledge on Flowmaster FlowFx Cat-system or mufflers?
How would you describe the sound? Old-school, Moderate, European, Deep?
How does straight-thru systems/mufflers sound compared to chambered (especially in HEMI engines of course)?

Please share any thoughts.

Some links to FlowFX:
https://www.flowmastermufflers.com/product/flowmaster-717829-cat-exhaust-kit-2009-14-dodge-challenger-r-t-5-7l/?make=40&year1=2010&model=286&submodel=295&engine=1880

- in this clip it sounds deep

but in the official one:
- quite weak.

Which one is more representative? Strangely non-official seems to have better audio set.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have this exhaust on my '10 Classic M6, came with it when I bought it at 30k miles this past April (46k now)and im glad it came with it because I would've ended up with the typical mid delete or flowmaster 40 if it didn't. Neither video does it justice, the sound is amazing and never too loud or too quiet. Im doing catted long tubes soon to add even more sound to it but I don't think you would be disappointed at all with this system. It is pretty deep but not extremely and is kind of the in between of a classic v8 and a modern sounding v8. Sounds different than most out there and breaks necks all day.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I just ordered the Flow FX mufflers to put on once I'm done with my long tubes and catless mids. Buddy has them on his and I think they sound great. I'll let ya know my opinion once I get them put on, hopefully in a week or so.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi! Any experience, knowledge on Flowmaster FlowFx Cat-system or mufflers?
How would you describe the sound? Old-school, Moderate, European, Deep?
How does straight-thru systems/mufflers sound compared to chambered (especially in HEMI engines of course)?

Please share any thoughts.

Some links to FlowFX:
https://www.flowmastermufflers.com/product/flowmaster-717829-cat-exhaust-kit-2009-14-dodge-challenger-r-t-5-7l/?make=40&year1=2010&model=286&submodel=295&engine=1880

- in this clip it sounds deep

but in the official one:
- quite weak.

Which one is more representative? Strangely non-official seems to have better audio set.
I just put 2-1/2" CAT back Flow FX system on my 2016 RT+ & I like it very much. I have 3" x 2-1/4" inlet round quad tips & they got rid of S-10 drone...I kept them Sounds almost like my 70'Cuda 340 with 'Turbo' mufflers & headers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts