Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the force 2 and like the sound but it was never loud enough for me. My girlfriends comment that it sounded like stock confirmed that. Now it has a deeper rumble but isn't much louder than stock and I was hoping it would be. I guess that is the trade off for having a system with no drone.

I've seen people cut off the resonators and complain about drone and I don't want to chance that so I figure swap the super 44s with some super 10s. I did that and it sounds the same. My girlfriend had the same comment, it sounds the same. She is right this time. The resonators really take away the aggression of the muffler. I have a few vids on my cellphone if someone wants to tell me how to post them.

Anybody have ideas on how to make the exhaust more aggressive without droning? I'm thinking it might take hi flow cats or headers but I was trying to avoid that. I'm not going to buy anymore mufflers, only other option is new system altogether. I hear great things about zoomers but it cost 1k....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Buy a Solo Performance exhaust and be done with it. You can tune to your liking inside and outside the cabin. I'm very happy with mine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any Flowmaster rep care to guess what would happen if I swapped the rear resonators with the super 10s. I have them just sitting on the floor. I figure the super 10s won't knock down too much noise but might help with the resonance... not sure.

I have no idea what the resonator looks like on the inside, I know what the super 10 looks like. Maybe running two mufflers makes no sense but I'm just trying things now to avoid running just the 44s and having an experience like some folks on here where it drives them crazy and they put resonators back on.

[email protected] care to take a guess what super 44s into super 10s would do?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Any Flowmaster rep care to guess what would happen if I swapped the rear resonators with the super 10s. I have them just sitting on the floor. I figure the super 10s won't knock down too much noise but might help with the resonance... not sure.

I have no idea what the resonator looks like on the inside, I know what the super 10 looks like. Maybe running two mufflers makes no sense but I'm just trying things now to avoid running just the 44s and having an experience like some folks on here where it drives them crazy and they put resonators back on.

[email protected] care to take a guess what super 44s into super 10s would do?
Before you make any adjustments to your system I would suggest that you have someone drive your car past you so that you can hear how loud that it is from the outside. The Force II kit is very quiet on the inside of the vehicle but actually quite aggressive on the outside. Are you still running the MDS on your Challenger? If so, remember that you must basically tune your sound for a 4 cylinder and 8 cylinder engine. There are a lot of variables at play here and the Force II system has been engineered to let you have your cake and eat it too. Rather than continuing to alter your exhaust system, perhaps you should look at engine mods that will help to increase power. This will also increase the aggressiveness of your vehicle's exhaust tone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts