Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Flowmaster Force II system installed video's

Had the resonator delete since 350 miles on my 2014 R/T Classic. Sounded great but the drone was a buzz kill. Installed the Flowmaster Force II cat back system today and it's near orgasmic. :4: Here's the write up I did today in the Dodge Challenger R/T Specific Forum in the "Does the Flowmaster Force 2 exhaust drone?" thread by Tim;

Had the Flowmaster Force II cat back exhaust installed this morning by the local muffler shop.

I AM A HAPPY CAMPER. I had the stock 2014 R/T Classic exhaust with resonator delete. Loved the sound inside and outside the car but HATED the dreaded drone between 1750 & 1900 rpm. With the 5 speed automatic trans every time I pulled away from a stop light or sign the drone was heard 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th gears. With the Wife in the car I would accelerate to 2800 rpm and let it shift down to above 2000 rpm just to keep from her hearing/griping about "that terrible noise". Picked the car up this afternoon and at first thought it was too quiet, so I got out and went to the back of the car and heard a nice rumbling idle tone. Got in the car and drove away and as soon as the rpm picks up the exhaust note was noticeably louder but not as loud as the previous reso delete system. Pulled away from the first stop sigh and as the engine went through the 1750 to 1900 rpm area and past it there was absolutely no drone, just sweet beautiful 5.7 Hemi exhaust music. This Flowmaster Force (FF) II system in comprised of two series 44 flowmaster mufflers and a pair of flowmaster resonators and each exhaust tip. I stopped on a section of city road that is somewhat isolated and made a hard launch, not in Sport mode, and when the engine got to 5500 in 1st the music was gorgeous, 2nd gear to 5500 and by then I had wood.
What more can you ask for in an exhaust system than to hear it slightly at idle and then as you pull away from a stop the exhaust gets louder, but not obnoxious, and at full song it sounds like sweet 5.7 Hemi music through the Flowmaster Force II system. Thank You Flowmaster.

I couldn't be happier.
Rock On..................:D

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hey ****, any way you could do a video for us hear it? I will also search youtube and see if anyone already has one.
Sounds like you made a good choice?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey ****, any way you could do a video for us hear it? I will also search youtube and see if anyone already has one.
Sounds like you made a good choice?
I tried to do a video from inside the car with my cell phone driving normally away from a stop to hear the "no drone" below 2000 rpm and then a second video with a full throttle launch shifting at 5500 rpm 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd BUT my cell phone said each file was too large to transfer. I have a Nikon digital camera and I'll do 3 video's and download them to my computer then to photobucket of;
1. Normal driving from a stop sigh going through 4 gears
2. Hard launch from a stop going through 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 5500 rpm and 3rd to 4000 rpm
3. Have a friend hold the camera and I'll pull away in a brisk manner :burnout::lol: so you can hear the exhaust from the outside.

Give me a few, 3-5, days, and I'll post the video's here on this thread.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I tried to do a video from inside the car with my cell phone driving normally away from a stop to hear the "no drone" below 2000 rpm and then a second video with a full throttle launch shifting at 5500 rpm 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd BUT my cell phone said each file was too large to transfer. I have a Nikon digital camera and I'll do 3 video's and download them to my computer then to photobucket of;
1. Normal driving from a stop sigh going through 4 gears
2. Hard launch from a stop going through 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 5500 rpm and 3rd to 4000 rpm
3. Have a friend hold the camera and I'll pull away in a brisk manner :burnout::lol: so you can hear the exhaust from the outside.

Give me a few, 3-5, days, and I'll post the video's here on this thread.
Alright...thanks.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Awww, man! This is killin' me! :lol:

If only I weren't sinking a crap-ton of money into a new, wider driveway with a new approach, and getting rid of two big trees - all of which work my wife says we're doing for the Challenger (even though it was her idea, and predates my purchase)!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GeneJockey, get a Challenger and mod the poo out of it.

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
398 Posts
GOT a Challenger. Still in the planning stages on the mods.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
GOT a Challenger. Still in the planning stages on the mods.
Check out the mod's so far in my R/T Classic, bought mid May less than 3000 miles. It runs really nice now and sounds flowmaster great.

Good luck in your mod quest. :woot:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here's 3 video's.

First one is outside the Challenger with the Wife starting and whacking the throttle a couple times. Well, she at first didn't hear me, then when she did hear me to whack the throttle she was a little short of how I wanted her to whack it. :argue:

http://vid621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/Videos/DSCN0003_zps639c6168.mp4

Here is one inside the Challenger, windows rolled up and pulling away normal driving style.

http://vid621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/Videos/72314FFIIslowpullaway_zpsad92543c.mp4

Here is one inside the Challenger, windows rolled up and pulling away aggressively.

http://vid621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/Videos/72314FFIIhardacceleration_zpsc6c32d55.mp4

I will get another video loaded in a few days. My friend that I thought could help be with taking the camera duties from outside the car as I drove away normally and then another video driving away aggressively, well his back is really messed up. I'll get someone else to take the video, it'll just take a few days.

While we're doing video's, here's one of my 2010 C6 Corvette, 400 rwhp, 398 rwtq, 6 speed stick and 3280 lbs. A real hoot to drive.

http://vid621.photobucket.com/albums/tt295/32HiBoy/Videos/22512exhaustgears.mp4

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,560 Posts
Still liking mine after 4 years. I tried the reso delete first, hated it... the Flowmaster kit couldn't get here fast enough!! So much better sounding!!!!

Reactions: FlowmasterMufflers

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With this new Flowmaster Force II exhaust system I can really hear the engine in ESP, Eco, V4 cylinder mode. It has a BLAT BLAT BLAT BLAT kinda sound, but when I start up a hill I can hear the engine switch back to V8 cylinder mode before the Eco light goes out in the speedometer. Drove around today with the windows down, well till 1:00 pm when it got to 105 degrees. The exhaust sure puts out some sweet 5.7 hemi exhaust sounds shifting at 4500rpm in 1st & 2nd around town.
Just another couple reasons to be most well pleased with the Flowmaster Force II cat back exhaust system. :banana:

Reactions: FlowmasterMufflers
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.