Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really thinking about getting the Flowmaster Outlaw Kit PN:817563

Wanting to know if anyone here has installed one of these and what you think about it.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the outlaw system on my 5.7 R/T. Highly recommend it. Sound is incredible, and I get complements all the time
Just asking, did you put the Outlaw kit on your R/T that's for the SRT. They don't make a R/T kit.
Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
No, I bought 2.5" mufflers from flowmaster, and added it to my stock exhaust. I removed the resonators as well. So, my setup does not have the x-pipe that the cat back has. I recommend doing what I did. Better bang for your buck. If you are going to spend the money on a cat back, I would go with Borla ATAK

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I bought 2.5" mufflers from flowmaster, and added it to my stock exhaust. I removed the resonators as well. So, my setup does not have the x-pipe that the cat back has. I recommend doing what I did. Better bang for your buck. If you are going to spend the money on a cat back, I would go with Borla ATAK
Ok now I gotcha. What kind of sound are you getting out of the outlaw muffler? Old school (hopefully) or a more modern sound?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would say its kinda a mixture of both. But more modern I would say. If your looking for old school, the borla atak does a great job at that. My buddy has got the ATAK cat-back, and that sounds the best in my opinion. I have heard almost every exhaust offered for our cars, and borla seems to do the best. Now, if money is a consideration for you, which it was for me, I recommend getting outlaw mufflers (if you have a srt8, go with 3" outlaws, not 2.5") and taking off the resonators. The x-pipe isn't really needed, and the x-pipe will make it sound more modern which doesn't seem to be what you want.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say its kinda a mixture of both. But more modern I would say. If your looking for old school, the borla atak does a great job at that. My buddy has got the ATAK cat-back, and that sounds the best in my opinion. I have heard almost every exhaust offered for our cars, and borla seems to do the best. Now, if money is a consideration for you, which it was for me, I recommend getting outlaw mufflers (if you have a srt8, go with 3" outlaws, not 2.5") and taking off the resonators. The x-pipe isn't really needed, and the x-pipe will make it sound more modern which doesn't seem to be what you want.
Great info thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You're very welcome. I can remember trying my hardest to find someone with outlaws to get feedback before I got mine. Very few seem to have it. I can make a video for you if you would like?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey there,

A little late perhaps but I've got the exact kit you pictured in your thread on my SRT.

AWESOME !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts