Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger r/t. Plus
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to two buy Flowmaster super 44 3”, the car came with two 1 chamber mufflers which look like two super 10 but their not flowmasters. I have an 13 Challenger r/t. It sounds Ok, I want to get into more sound and drone doesn’t bother me.
Does anyone have FM 3” on Challengers?
Does it sound like FM 44 supposed to sound?
Is it worth it buying?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,226 Posts
3” is going to be larger than what came on the car from the factory, and larger than stock diameter exhaust is not usually a performance-adding mod on a modern internal combustion engine powered vehicle.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,226 Posts
What would you suggest?
I would suggest that you keep the same diameter (2.5”) as what came on it stock if you purchase new exhaust components like mufflers and such.

As for make/mode of the mufflers, that’s personal preference and highly subjective. It sounds like you are a fan of FM mufflers, and so am I, but personally speaking I’ve run mufflers from Jones Exhaust on all 3 Dodge LXs I have owned and loved the results each time.

Your best approach will be to search around on ChallengerTalk, ChargerForums, LXForums, and YouTube to see if you can find audio clips of a Challenger/Charger/300 that has the muffler you are interested in buying. That’s the only way to know what it will sound like before buying and having it put on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nuke thanks again, did went for the super 44 3”, my mechanic which I’d Old Time Services in Chicopee MA did a costume piping and sounds awesome I will upload when I come back from the service. Army Strong

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the best sound, I always like the sound of a muscle car, I race these kids with civics that sound like a lawnmower and there’s no better sound like muscle car. Anyway Flowmaster for me is the way to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts