Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im installing a pair of flowmasters super 44 stainless steel mufflers and I bought the wrong mufflers. I got the ones for a stock exhaust system which are 2.5"inlet offset and 2.5" outlet offset. I have the Corsa sport now and it requires a 2.5 inlet offset and 2.5" outlet center.

I will try and sell these to somebody locally and have reorderd the correct ones.

I am selling these for $150.00 for the pair and are new still in the box.

If anybody is in Alaska and wants these just PM me. Thanks Dan

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got the super 44 flowmasters installed. They had to weld the inlet side and they clamped the outlet side.

It now has a deeper sound and alot more muscle car sound when you get on it. I have not noticed any droan and the installer said I would not probably get any with the resonators still installed. I havent driven the highway yet but look foward to it. Bad weather here. No not snow! Just rain and windy. Dan:guiness:

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Pull the resonators off, I'm glad I did on my 44's. I get no drone on mine.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are driving a stick or Auto trans?:scratchhead: did you get any CEL codes after you removed the resonators? Thanks Dan

Pull the resonators off, I'm glad I did on my 44's. I get no drone on mine.

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Mine is an auto, haven't had any problems at all. Have around 4k miles on the mufflers.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like I will do that mod next. Thanks

Mine is an auto, haven't had any problems at all. Have around 4k miles on the mufflers.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally got the resonators removed today and kept the Corsa tips.
I really like the sound of the Flowmaster super 44 mufflers!

·
Registered
179 Posts
AK907 - Do you have any video of the exhaust sound?

If so, you should enter our Show Us You Flows video contest!

We award weekly prizes of T-shirts and hats. We also give away free exhaust systems and a trip to SEMA, Winternationals, US Nationals, etc. For more details on prizes and how to enter the contest, click: SUYF Contest

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Yeah, let's get some clips of those mean-sounding babies!

Have you dynoed it to see if there's any power difference with the super 44s?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Did you just remove the resonators and change the mufflers or did you swap out the whole system? Thanks

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No video's yet and no Dyno. Will make attempt at the video in couple weeks after moose hunting season is over.

The first thing I did was install the Corsa cat back sport system.
That was a waste of money because it as close to a stock SRT8 exhaust system as you can get.

Next I removed the Corsa mufflers and installed the Super 44 Flowmasters. That left the Corsa resonators and tips and x pipe.
And It now had a deeper tone but still to quiet.

This weekend we cut the resonators mandrel bends off at the inlet and outlet with tips and hangers. We welded some straight pipe in.

Too put it simply. Just remove your mufflers and install super 44 Flowmasters and then remove the resonators and put exhaust pipe between your muffler and Exhaust tips. You will have best sounding stock muscle car around.:thumbsup:
If you want your car to look really nice than just buy the Corsa tips, not the whole cat back system like I did.:(

The Two stainless super 44 Flowmaster mufflers, pipe and labor should cost you around $300 to $400 at a shop.

I spent close to $ 2000.00 getting there:disgust:

This is the best mod I have done to this car.
I actually turn the radio off to enjoy the sound of the engine more!:bigthumb:

Did you just remove the resonators and change the mufflers or did you swap out the whole system? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.