Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Flowmaster's Amer. Thunder Cat-back for '15 Challenger SRT 392-Hellcat-R/T Sc...

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
The Hellcat stock exhaust IS nasty sounding.

·
Registered
110 Posts
60#!! Can't be any lighter than stock? Frankly I don't thing there would be any flow improvement with the extra 1/2 dia that far back.

·
Registered
215 Posts
On back to back dyno pulls on the same day, what were the gains of just the bolt on exhaust with no tuning?

Does your system have the active servo controlled butterflies in them?

Heard my Hellcat yesterday and it sounds incredible. What are you bringing to the table?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Aftermarket exhaust

I agree the Hellcat's exhaust exert a wonderful sound. I'm wondering if Dodge left some HP on the table with the cat back. My factory 392 exhaust was necked down to about 2.25'' on one spot. factory 392 exhaust.jpg

392 exhaust.JPG

·
Premium Member
197 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Hellcat does sound great from the factory, I will not argue that fact. Flowmaster's stainless steel full 3.00" American Thunder Cat-back system not only offers Hellcat, Scat Pack and SRT392 owners a different and more aggressive exhaust note, we have also produced a system that offers some pretty significant torque and horsepower gains, at the wheels, on back to back dyno pulls.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Cool video! I must be getting old though, they sound pretty similar at least from this inside the car video. Do you have any doing passes?

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I gotta hand it to you Matt, the new exhaust sounds GREAT on the 392. Nice to see some dyno numbers too. Nice work team Flowmaster! :thumbsup:

Reactions: FlowmasterMufflers

·
Registered
929 Posts
I talked to the guys who designed the hellcat exhaust system about the differences between the hellcat and 392 exhausts.

they told me the only differences are the flow rate and valve...

I would love to get a louder system on my 392... something deep i can hear while idling and ridiculous when punching it

this video sounds great

1 - 20 of 26 Posts