1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
35 hp gain from a muffler? Uhhhhh....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Is this the same muffler on the Outlaw system that I have for my 2013 srt8?

·
Registered
107 Posts
No. This is an all new muffler design, intended for race applications, that utilizes our Laminar Flow technology.
How does it compare to the one I have on my outlaw system? If I was to switch them out would it make my car louder, better performance?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does it compare to the one I have on my outlaw system? If I was to switch them out would it make my car louder, better performance?
I never recommend that anyone switch out the mufflers that are included in one of our Cat-back systems. Your Outlaw kit has been engineered to provide the best possible fitment, sound quality and performance benefits for your vehicle and engine size.

Are there any sound clips of this muffler?
We do not have any sound clips available. This is a "race" muffler and it is not intended for street-driven vehicles.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I never recommend that anyone switch out the mufflers that are included in one of our Cat-back systems. Your Outlaw kit has been engineered to provide the best possible fitment, sound quality and performance benefits for your vehicle and engine size.

Matt has anyone removed the muffler and put straight pipe in? Just curious if you know anyone that has done this with the outlaw catback system.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Matt has anyone removed the muffler and put straight pipe in? Just curious if you know anyone that has done this with the outlaw catback system.
Possibly, but not that I have seen.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Matt,

How about doing something impressive and making a system that sounds like a great Flowmaster system and doesn't drone, here I have done your homework for you. Best of both worlds, don't you feel your customers deserve the ability to drive on the freeway and not get a headache from drone?

I will guess that you will point to your force 2 system, which is completely unnecessary if you would simply use a j pipe, it would save the weight, restriction, and cost of the two resonators and allow the sound of the 40 series to come through.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/flowmaster-american-thunder-no-drone-338610/

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Matt,

How about doing something impressive and making a system that sounds like a great Flowmaster system and doesn't drone, here I have done your homework for you. Best of both worlds, don't you feel your customers deserve the ability to drive on the freeway and not get a headache from drone?

I will guess that you will point to your force 2 system, which is completely unnecessary if you would simply use a j pipe, it would save the weight, restriction, and cost of the two resonators and allow the sound of the 40 series to come through.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/flowmaster-american-thunder-no-drone-338610/
I appreciate your insight and am pleased to know that you found the sound that you were looking for. Essentially, a “J-pipe” is a tuned resonator. As you mentioned, Flowmaster's Force II system for the Dodge Challenger is our answer to this scenario. The American Thunder and Outlaw systems are offered to meet the needs of people that desire moderate to aggressive interior sound levels. It is hard to believe for a lot of us, but many people actually enjoy drone/high levels of interior sound. Flowmaster produces universal resonators because they are effective when used in pretty much any application and can be placed either upstream or downstream of the muffler. The length and placement of a J-pipe is generally very application specific making it much more difficult for us to produce and offer them as a stand-alone option. I would also like to point out that our resonators pose no restriction whatsoever. Because of our resonators increased case volume in comparison to a straight pipe, they actually decrease restriction when added to a system. This is also an advantage offered by the case design of Flowmaster's chambered mufflers. So that others do not fall into this same situation, I would like to point out that Flowmaster produces over a dozen different "Series" of mufflers, 5 different "Series" of Cat-back and Axle-back systems as well as all of the components and accessories necessary to create a custom exhaust system that will meet the needs and budget of almost anyone. We also provide a technical support line (707) 544-4761 so that if you ever have any questions or concerns when choosing or assembling an exhaust system for your vehicle, we can help you to find and decide on the parts that are right for you and your application. Again, I must say that although I am sorry you were not initially satisfied with the sound of your American Thunder system, I am happy to hear that you were resourceful enough to find a budget-friendly solution to your issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts