Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home from work today I noticed that I turn the blinker on, shifted down with paddle, and hit the brake. And very very quickly the seat belt light turned on.. I'm the only one in the car, with seat belt on. I figured maybe the belt isn't all the way clipped in.. so I pushed the belt down more in the button assembly. (I have been driving for around 25 mins at this point before it happened) so I did a little test.. same thing.. blinker paddle down and hit the brakes.. light came on very quick... Cannot reproduce since then.. any thoughts??

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Did you have anything heavy in the passenger seat by any chance? I had some books there the other day and the seatbelt light came on. Apparently there is a sensor in the seat that tells the BCM that someone is sitting there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned left blinker on when slowing down and my button ignition light (press brake and press ignition button) lit up on dash for a few milliseconds. I think I'm going crazy. Cannot reproduce it cause it's really at random. This is the only day I've noticed it. Will talk with Chrysler tomorrow. But I know they can't do anything cause it's not doing it constantly.

·
Registered
613 Posts
My 2013 Challenger has some lights that like to pop up for a few milliseconds too. I’ve had the cruise control and passenger seatbelt lights flash before. Just enough for me to take my eyes off the road and look then poof, gone.
Girlfriend thought I was crazy till she drove it for the first time and had the seatbelt light flash. Doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason like you seem to be able to duplicate but it’ll happen maybe once in 20-30 drives. Some random light. I have learned to ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Just throwing this out there but do any chewing critters have access to under your hood? they like wires to snack on

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just throwing this out there but do any chewing critters have access to under your hood? they like wires to snack on
Nope. I'm sure critters could get into it. But I open the hood almost daily. And see no evidence of critters. I open the hood just to keep it dusted

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
There’s a recall for under seat airbag wiring that fixes something like this, but IIRC it was for the 2011-2014 models. I’m guessing they fixed it for the refresh in 2015. Still though, wouldn’t hurt to take it in and have them check for any outstanding recalls or TSBs.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm gonna call them today. Wouldn't be able to take it in today. Got alot of stuff I need to do. I already know they will just give me the run around and not want to fix anything cause it's under warranty. (9500miles). I don't care that it does it.. I just don't wanna be driving down the road and it start beeping, air bags auto deploy or car just shuts off haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
dylanedurr92
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing