Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Retired from the USAF last year and I am embarrassed by this car. It's a recruiting vehicle but even still...Ugh! :(

·
Registered
585 Posts
into the wild blue yonder.......we keep em flyin :bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
the order is to secure that building:

the navy will post two SP's at the front door

the army will post two MP's at the front door and two MP's at the back door

the marines will do a vertical assault, sweep the building with raider teams, mine the lobby,doors and windows with claymores, and set up squad weapons with interlocking fields of fire on the roof

the Air Force will take out a three year lease with an option to buy :)

( stolen cheerfully in paraphrase/concept from a very good Mil-SciFi writer named Ian Douglas)

·
Registered
451 Posts
I am in the military (and a taxpayer too) and it disgusts me that we pay for crap like that, yet now military retirement cuts are being discussed as a way to trim the budget....

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
military buys/pays for ALOT of crap that is public relations and recruiting.
Look at all the money we spend on airshows.
Nothing more than a great time for civilians to see what their tax dollars are paying for.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
military buys/pays for ALOT of crap that is public relations and recruiting.
Look at all the money we spend on airshows.
Nothing more than a great time for civilians to see what their tax dollars are paying for.
I know two former military personnel from different generations that chuckle at how they've milked the system & have been deemed permanently disabled. Where does the money come from? MY taxes. :soapbox:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Galpin Ford had these on display at the L.A. Auto Show last year... Sorry, only took pics of the Chally!!! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
That is cccrrraaaappp!!!

·
Banned
3,777 Posts
I know two former military personnel from different generations that chuckle at how they've milked the system & have been deemed permanently disabled. Where does the money come from? MY taxes. :soapbox:

and my father died two days after being medically discharged from active duty

where did the life come from? MY family. :soapbox:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
and my father died two days after being medically discharged from active duty

where did the life come from? MY family. :soapbox:
The majority of military personnel, past & present, are to be commended. They don't choose where or how to serve, they simply follow orders. Members of my family have served & are currently serving on active duty.

Like with any other government agency, my gripe is with the wasteful spending & those who think they're getting over on the system. We are the system & I, my kids & their kids will be paying for it. :mah:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

MY taxes as well PDX. They don't issue halo's in basic last time I checked. There are dirt bags in the service just like everywhere else. Even my dad (retired AF also) tried to encourage me to claim medical disabilities that I did not have. BTW I claimed no disabilities at retirement. I had no disabilities so I did not claim any.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts

MY taxes as well PDX. They don't issue halo's in basic last time I checked. There are dirt bags in the service just like everywhere else. Even my dad (retired AF also) tried to encourage me to claim medical disabilities that I did not have. BTW I claimed no disabilities at retirement. I had no disabilities so I did not claim any.
I realize it's no different than the fraudulent welfare recipients, dishonest tax filers, false insurance claimants, etc.
Personally, it's more disappointing when it happens within the military. I hold them to a higher standard because of the duty, honor, country aspect.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I realize it's no different than the fraudulent welfare recipients, dishonest tax filers, false insurance claimants, etc.
Personally, it's more disappointing when it happens within the military. I hold them to a higher standard because of the duty, honor, country aspect.
so a bit off topic but it's OK that you expect more from the service.
The military is held to and holds itself to higher standards of conduct than civilians.
Example...a civilian who does not show up for work one day may at best lose his job.
A military member who fails to show up for work has actually committed a crime under the uniform code of military justice. (dereliction or duty, failure to go, AWOL, disobeying a lawful order)
Yes there is a lot of waste in the service to be sure but the armed forces does a much better job of handling it's fiscal responsibilities compared to the rest of the fed govt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts