Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A 392
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short I was approaching a railroad crossing in an area I was unfamiliar with. Quickly I was upon a dip, and rather than make it worse by braking last second and lowering the front end more, I maintained speed.

The front of the car felt like it bottomed out hard before spitting forward. It felt like the car was in the air for a second before landing almost flat and continuing.

Luckily I was able to arrive at the destination quickly. The car felt the same afterwards for the rest of the short drive.

Front spoiler looks ok. The plastic cover plate behind it is scraped pretty badly.

These new Challengers don’t have a K member in the sense I’m used to (70-74 E body) right?

Wondering what to look for damage wise when I get the car up in the air later this week?

Anyone have access to a good schematic of the front suspension and structure on a ‘19 Scat Pack?

Knowing what is likely to get damaged would be a great help.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Pull the belly pan off and check the lower radiator support, engine cradle cross member, and oil pan for damage.

The radiator support and engine cradle crossmember are most likely the parts that took any hard hits and will show damage, but it’ll be okay.

I’ve got two different Chargers I’ve lowered way too low and beat the snot out of as a result. They’re still running fine and showing no I’ll effects of the bottoming out, other than the terrible aesthetics when I change the oil and such.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
Doubt there are many pictures without the plastic covers, but best I could find with

A Guy

Reactions: GoManGo392TA

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part

I took A Guy’s pic and marked it up where you’re likey to find any damage from bottoming out. The radiator support isn’t visible, so I just circled it’s general location.

Other than that, the cradle cross member and just forward of the sway bar bushings are the next most likely places to incur damage.

Reactions: GoManGo392TA

·
Registered
29 Posts
I broke a front shock bottoming out hard on a dip after a railroad crossing in my '12 R/T. I drove it for several months after that before getting it fixed--it oddly wasn't completely obvious that it had occurred, perhaps because of the Mopar anti-sway bars I had installed. I sure noticed how much better it was after it was fixed, though.

·
Registered
372 Posts
After 13 months of working on a Global 7000. I really don’t care for Bombardier products.
Don’t blame you - I spent some time flying a Global 5000 and that thing was one non-stop electronic glitch.

I liked the Challengers though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts