Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the foam piece move rearward inside the front fender and rub the front door edge weather seal? I can hear it opening either door. I can push the foam piece foreword at the bottom a little and it stops. It's just an annoyance, but how to fix it? God I love this damn car!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Yes, i have noticed this my self. I think a small dab of silicone to better hold it in place would work. I might try that this weekend.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a good idea. I was also thinking about a small piece of foam tape. I'm a transplanted Hoosier living in Ohio now. Went to high school in Logansport. Thanks for the idea!!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Its a small world for sure.

Now the question I have is what is the intended position of these pieces. Just shove them back as far as possible. I assume they get blown towards the door during "spirited driving" but not sure. I think tape might be a better idea. Maybe some double sided.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder what Brampton Builder meant by reposition? I have pushed the bottom back a couple inches with a wood dowel, just to have it blow back where it was a couple days later. It looks like it is centered and flat behind one small bracket in the middle inside both fenders. I'm sure I'm not seeing something that is meant to keep it from moving.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Sat night is my one day off so ill dig into it then and let u know unless u get to it before me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any Luck

Did you have any time to work on this moving foam this past week-end? I didn't.
Thanks!
John

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Me either. I had a good friends funeral and I worked my day off so I had no time at all. Maybe this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts