Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Today i wanted to install my fog light kit in my 2013 only to find out that it was not pre-wired ....
I could not find the brown connectors anywhere around the back of where the lights should go.
Only a big multiplug connector and a 4pin at the passenger side.(ill post some pics)
At the drivers side nothing...

Should it be pre-wired?
Must i look anywhere else ?
Are there different harnesses ?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,181 Posts
goto dealer and buy the harness, under $75 and put it in.

I JUST changed mine on my 14 SRT 8 DUE to a Squerl ate the wires off drivers side fog !!

It plugs in on the pass side goes to the drivers side

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw one on ebay but im not shure.
There are 2brown plugs for the fogs
2 grey plugs for i think side markers
And 1 plug where it all connects to .
I allready have side markers and they are connected , are there different wire harnesses or should the brown plug be there and do i have to remove the whole front to go find them?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
You should not have to remove the front clip. The wiring for the side and fog light run along the bottom of the front clip. They all connect to a main connect just under the windshield washer bottle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks similar like that.
Thats what i thought also .
But when i look at the wire harnes for the fogs, why do those grey connectors come with it for the side markers?
They are already connected .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, i understand .

Only thing i dont get is :
If the fogs and the markers are on the same circuit , the whole harness needs to be connected somewhere else than the connecter we see on my picture.
Otherwise the markers wouldnt work now would they?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
There is only one connection that leads to the fascia which powers the fog and side markers. When you remove the fascia that is the only connector that has to be disconnected.

The black connector is the inline front fascia connector. Grey are the sidemarkers and brown are the fog. Where are you getting the idea there is another connection?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only way to figure this out is to remove the whole front bumper i think....
A 45min mod turns out to be a days work and another €120,- if the existing harness is not complete...?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,268 Posts
I am telling you don't need to remove the clip, there are no other connections and the harness runs along the bottom of the front clip. Put the car on ramps, and remove the bottom splash guards which will help you see how the harness runs.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My idea of another connection came from the fact that the sidemarkers are already working and there is a loose connecter hanging there wich is thought to be the one to fit to the harness for the fogs .
Only the sidemarkers are on that one to.
Wich would mean that the markers would be working through 2 different plugs ... wich is not the way .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only differance are the foglight plugs as i can see ?

Mine is a 2013 so the last one should be it , the brown plugs look like to fit my lamps to.

I will remove the covers under the car and see how it looks .
If there is nothing there i will follow the wires from the sidemarkers and see where they go .
In my opinion they should go to a 4pin plug .
Then i have to get the new harness and replace it with the existing one without the fog plugs.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,181 Posts
put my new harness in less the 30 minutes...…………….

1 - 20 of 58 Posts