Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have been wanting to add fog lights to my 14 SXT. I have looked at couple of options and I have seen a lot of Blinglights fogs lights. I have read that I need to get StarScan done after installing mopar fog lights is this the case with any other fog lights? If you have installed any fogs lights and like the product, I would love to look into it.

Just looking for suggestions/recommendations regarding this.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you decide to install an aftermarket fog lights you do not need to starscan. I don't know if you can connect them to your headlight switch though. Most of them comes with a button to turn them on.
I installed oem foglights on my 13' sxt. I thought it was beyond ridiculous having to pay an extra 80 bucks to activate them.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If you decide to install an aftermarket fog lights you do not need to starscan. I don't know if you can connect them to your headlight switch though. Most of them comes with a button to turn them on.
I installed oem foglights on my 13' sxt. I thought it was beyond ridiculous having to pay an extra 80 bucks to activate them.
Yeah I called up bunch of dealerships and the cheapest I got was 50 bucks. Then again I want it to have mopar stuff on it for resale.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm completely confused by this starscan talk. I just purchased an OEM set of foglights for my 2014 SXT, and talked with the dealership about activating them, (I haven't installed them yet, but wanted to know how much they would charge), and they had no idea what I was talking about. The guy in the parts department looked it up and couldn't even find a kit for the challenger, and he was right it wasn't in there. And, had no idea what I was talking about re: activating them with the starscan. I'll try and get them installed this weekend, to see if they'll work without dealer involvement. But am I crazy, or is my dealership?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm completely confused by this starscan talk. I just purchased an OEM set of foglights for my 2014 SXT, and talked with the dealership about activating them, (I haven't installed them yet, but wanted to know how much they would charge), and they had no idea what I was talking about. The guy in the parts department looked it up and couldn't even find a kit for the challenger, and he was right it wasn't in there. And, had no idea what I was talking about re: activating them with the starscan. I'll try and get them installed this weekend, to see if they'll work without dealer involvement. But am I crazy, or is my dealership?
Hey Jay! How are you liking your challenger? I have sxt as well trying to soup it up.

The StarScan needs to be done because of the new headlight switch that will be added. You will have to replace the current switch since it does not have the option of "A" or turning the fog lights on. Once the fog lights and the switch is installed, it is necessary to get them activated (StarScan). You need to tell the computer that there is a new switch and fog light that it needs to incorporate and turn the fo lights on/off through that new switch.

Check out this link and there are instructions on how to install them: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235113
One of the members had a write up already. :D

Since I am planning on installing them myself, I called multiple dealerships to see how much they would charge to StarScan. The price ranges from 120 - 50 Canadian dollars.

BTW i told my whole scenario to the dealership guy and he said YES we would need to StarScan in order to activate your foglights. I would suggest you to ask around multiple dealerships.

Hope this helps, Good luck!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I didn't think about explaining the switch upgrade as well. I'll get them installed and stop by my dealership next week. Thanks for the additional information.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2014 Challenger Core V6 Fog Driving Lamp Lights incl All Necessary Parts Mopar | eBay

The above is what I ordered off of eBay for my 14 SXT from Steve White Motors. To make sure that they fit your 13, I would give them a call. It's OEM, and they work great.

I also ordered some amber lens covers and used 3M tape to give it a more retro look. Been on the car for over a year now, and through lots of automatic car washes with no issues at all.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for the info Jayhawk. I will be getting these, just do not know what my local dealer will charge to activate them. Guess I better call and find out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts