Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man can't believe its taken this long to realize I haven't installed my fog lights yet ..... any suggestions on where I should buy them from ??

·
Registered
338 Posts
Get a set of charger fog lights off a eBay. They got good prices there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Man can't believe its taken this long to realize I haven't installed my fog lights yet ..... any suggestions on where I should buy them from ??
get the charger kit on ebay....thats what i did.....same kit as the challenger but cheaper...cant remember the part number but im sure somebody will....easy install but depends on your dealer how easy it is for them to turn them on...go to the how to section....lots of tips

·
Registered
607 Posts
I just had mine installed on Saturday. I bought them when I bought the vehicle in April, cant remember the price, but just now had them installed cause they were on backorder. I consider this mod a must do. Makes our SE's look sooooooooo much better

·
Registered
576 Posts
Got mine off ebay for about 110.00 I think it was, as they were saying get the Charger fog light kit. As far as I know if you search for or ask your dealer about a fog light kit for the Challenger they will say one doesnt exist, so just get the Charger kit, they are the same anyway. You will need the kit because you will need a new light switch as well as the lights, you will not need any of the wire harness that come with the kit as the car is already pre wired all you have to do is pop out the plastic plugs install the the lights and plug them up. The plugs should be right around where the fog lights install, you cant miss them. Then you have to go to your dealer and have them flash your computer to get it to recognize them, should cost you anywhere from 25 to 50 bucks depending on your dealer. It really makes the car look so much better, when the sun starts going down and you turn on your ambers and you fog lights, it looks menacing!

·
Registered
57 Posts
got mine off ebay that were specifically for 2011 challenger for $125.00 shipped. Took about 30 mins from start to finish. Dealer charged me $38 plus tax. Looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know you needed to go to the dealer ???? And how do I install the turn on switch ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
the light switch is easy... you just pop the old one out and pop the new one in. the dealer has to enable the sales code with the starscan.

about the same for me.. $100-ish for the kit. $32 at the dealer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I didn't know you needed to go to the dealer ???? And how do I install the turn on switch ?
Remove the 3 trim pieces around the edges near the door and the dash, including the long piece running the length of the door. Remove screw holding the kick panel right below the steering wheel and pop it off. Then you can access the clips holding the switch in place, very simple.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you dont mind them paying for it, I would just take it to them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone have a photo of the lights and mounts outside of the installed location? I have two sets of fog lights that were for a JK wrangler and they appear to be the same size. Just trying to see before I do a complete disassembly and they do not fit. Not going to worry about a switch, will wire them into the headlights with a relay.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't think I'd go splicing wires on a brand new car, especially since the wires are already there, and the headlight wiring is tucked up in there pretty good. $150 for fog lights, switch and the trip to the dealer is a pretty good price. Just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
576 Posts
To change out the switch, just take a butter knife and slide it in the crease between the plate(the piece that the knob attaches to) and the dash and it pops right out unhook the wire connector then hook the new switch up and pop it right back in, it takes about 20 seconds to change out the switch, you dont need to remove any panels or anything like that.

Here is what you get in the kit.

2009-2010 Dodge Challenger Fog Lamp Kit, OEM Mopar | eBay

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought a challenger fog light kit from tobindodge off ebay for $130 shipped and paid my dealer $100 to install it start to finish. I paid a little more but also had my DRL turned on for free.. (Free lol)

I feel good about the dealer doing it though because well I just do I guess.....

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh ok , so first I have to install the foglights and the new switch then take it to the dealer to update the DRL ?

·
Registered
438 Posts
08-09 charger kit off ebay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts