Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've looked at a couple cars since buying mine I have noticed some of the Scat packs have fog lights and others don't. My 2021 Widebody shaker doesn't have them while i saw a 2021 scat pack without widebody has them. All the widebody cars I have seen from 2020 and before have them. when did Dodge start deleting the fog lights? i personally like the look of the front end without the fog lights.

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just saw a 2021 Scat pack non widebody with the fog lights. So I'm guessing 2021 Widebody is the only one without fog lights?

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Widebody
115 Posts
my 2020 widebody does not have fog lights. I prefer the look without them. I know there is ducting that routes air for brake cooling behind where they would be located.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Reactions: marpow

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,308 Posts
WB and SRT no foglights

A Guy

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
I prefer the grille vents over the fog lights. And as pointed out, they are functional.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
27,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Reactions: RWL11

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Widebody
115 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
291 Posts
The Scat/wide body front looks fine without fog lights. I would still want them. But the "regular" front end NEEDS them! Hate the black fog light blanks! If the car isn't supposed to have fog lights the front bumper needs to be smoothed, IMO.

Reactions: Yonko

·
Premium Member
4,571 Posts
Not on a Scat Pack. There are block-off plates behind the outer grilles. Supercharged cars have open outer grilles.

The only wide body Scat Pack that I've ever seen with fog lights is mine. That's because I added them.
Ah yes, I see now. The ducts for the brakes are at the outer edge of the center lower grille panel. The outer ones are indeed blocked off.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The brake vents run from the inner grill behind the outer grill onto the brakes on the scat widebody.
Agreed. I was not crystal clear. The outer grilles are not functional on a Scat Pack.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Agreed. I was not crystal clear. The outer grilles are not functional on a Scat Pack.

I would think it would be very easy to make those functional.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts