Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I ran my Bravado Tribute / Mickey Thompson combo last Saturday for the 1st time.
Unfortunately, it turned out to be the hottest day of the year so far (97f) so the DA was terrible at around [email protected]:30pm or so I think when I checked at that time.
I still haven't figured out how to check the DA history at the track.

I ran a best of 12.74 @ 107 (I don't have my time slips handy right now - will update later).
Luckily there weren't too many people there, so I could make as many passes as I wanted.
Typically, I'd make 3 runs and then let the car sit for about an hour with the hood up to mitigate the heat soak.

I started out running 22lbs in them and they did well, but later I lowered them to 18 and they hooked even better.
I ended up doing about a 3-4 second burn out with some good smoke at 18lbs and I could really feel them grab after letting off the line lock.

There was a Hellcat club there (with 1 or 2 SRT 392 Chargers) can't remember their club name.
There was an older guy there with a White Challenger Hellcat that he had built the motor and put a Whipple 4.5L(I think?) supercharger on.
He was running consistantly at right around 10.00 seconds (10.02, 10.14, 10.07, etc.) !!!
He said he could really run in the mid 9's but only had 700 miles on the motor so he was "Babying it". heh.

Oh, and I was going off of the 2nd yellow light.
I cut a .004 reaction time once and on all of my runs I beat whoever was lined up against me :grin2:
Raced the White Hellcat 2x and beat him out of the hole both times by a car length. (And he passed me like I was standing still shortly thereafter LOL)
My 60ft times weren't good, around 1.9 to 2.0's, not sure what the probelm is, might be spinning or not giving it enough gas, gotta find the sweat spot for launching still - work in progress)

There was also a Lexus car club called F Society there racing their Lexus RC F's.
They were all consistantly running about 13.10 to 13.30's - nice cars.
I ran against them on 3 of my runs and beat them 2x. (On one I spun on launch when I had the tires at 22lbs, lost by .002 seconds)

Had a great time and planning on going back June 2nd.

I'll post up the time slips when I get home from work.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Remember Fontana is 13 ft up hill. From what guys tell me Bakersfield (Fomosa) is about .2 to .3 faster and the track is 600 ft lower and is flat. Wait till it cools off and make a trip up there. Here is the DA at 1:30pm on 05/05/18 at Fontana.

temperature: 96 deg f
uncorrected barometer: 27.943 Hg
humidity: 9 %
vapor pressure: 1.713 Hg
dew point: 28.446 deg f
grains: 24.2
air density: 86.859 %
density altitude: 4,744.602 ft

Go here to get DA.
http://airdensityonline.com/free-calcs/

Next time get some unleaded vp109 as it comes in a 5 gal pale at your local speed shop and run at least 50/50% or higher and you will see a big diff at any temp. The last time i bought it about 3 yrs ago it was $16.00 a gal. You can use this on a stock tune and get great results as i did on my 2012 srt8 jeep at Irwindale drag strip. Also take about 40lbs of ice to ice the intake manifold down for at least 1 hr. I fill up four 1 pound freezer bags at a time and put them on top of the manifold for 1 hr as it really helps with the cooling.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Jim!
Thanks for posting the DA up!
I forgot to mention that I do add a 5 gal pail of VP109 to about 8 gallons of 91 when I go racing.
Costs about $86.

I just went racing again last Sunday 7/29/18 and ran a best of 12.77 @ 108mph at around 11:30am.
Amazingly, I actually cut a .000 light one time as well.
It was hot and humid as hell that day, so almost no one was there.
Made several runs (8-10 I think - I'm at work so don't have the time slips handy) and ran 12.77 best to a 12.92 worst.

I'm planning on driving up to Sacramento Raceway park in late November - early December to try and get some hero DA.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey Jim!
Thanks for posting the DA up!
I forgot to mention that I do add a 5 gal pail of VP109 to about 8 gallons of 91 when I go racing.
Costs about $86.

I just went racing again last Sunday 7/29/18 and ran a best of 12.77 @ 108mph at around 11:30am.
Amazingly, I actually cut a .000 light one time as well.
It was hot and humid as hell that day, so almost no one was there.
Made several runs (8-10 I think - I'm at work so don't have the time slips handy) and ran 12.77 best to a 12.92 worst.

I'm planning on driving up to Sacramento Raceway park in late November - early December to try and get some hero DA.
Sacramento is a old track and there starting pad isnt very good but has great DA. FORMOSA would be a lot better and isnt that far to drive but GOOD LUCK where ever you go. Also i picked up .10 and 1 mph taking out the airfilter in 1/8 mile at Irwindale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts