Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to remove the foot brake time out in 2020 Dodge Challenger 1320? I can hold the car on the starting line at 2200 RMP however the car times out and goes into limp mode after 15 seconds. Is this issue only with the 1320's or is it the same for all Scat Pack A8 cars? Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,793 Posts
Someone else brought this up, and the main concern was WHY would you want to do that for more than 15 seconds?

Reactions: BlackHemi41

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Someone else brought this up, and the main concern was WHY would you want to do that for more than 15 seconds?
In order to cut a competitive light without anticipating or guessing on the tree deep staging is necessary when racing these cars. Deep staging requires you to stop before the prestage beam, get up on the converter to launch rpm, then proceed to stage knocking the prestage (top bulb) out. This process takes longer than 15 seconds most of the time. Attached is the blue 'vette going deep. Launch was 1800rmp set up to cut a conservative .020 light then short shifted at 6500 on the 1-2 and 2-3 expecting an ET of 6.50. The amount of time on the converter was 21-22 seconds.

I need to able to stage my 1320 Scat just like the blue car did. That's why.

·
Registered
2020 R/T Scat Pack 1320 edition
114 Posts
I have 2020 Frostbite 1320 (y)

I've been trying the launch control features of the car on the back roads and never held it for 15 seconds. Just because I don't need to .... no tree. However you probably got a point because it does take awhile on the tree.
I might be over looking it but I do not see the attachment.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,317 Posts
See also:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.