Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

As some of you may know, I work here at Best Buy here in Morgantown, WV (WVU). I own a 2010 SE and I wanted to make it look more aesthetically pleasing, so with my little knowledge of cars, I ordered some Red LED Map lights from AAC, very bright, get good remarks from all the ladies who ride in the car :) I wanted to take it to the next level, so I pulled the trigger and ordered some red CCFL footwell lights from AAC as well for $40. I don't have any knowledge of tapping into wires or anything of the sort. Some of you may know this but here at Best Buy we have an installation bay where we install car audio, radar detectors, and the like. So with my little know how, I decided to let them install my footwell lights, with my discount on the $40 of labor it should cost, I can get them installed for $20 which isn't bad. So I'm here at work waiting for them to finish. It's like waiting for Christmas. Well here are some pictures of her being worked on. More pictures of after the installation to come as soon as she's finished. Next mod is going to be a Flowmaster 40 Series Catback or a Corsa dual exhaust, to make her sound a little bit more aggressive. Let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,215 Posts
Hey All,

As some of you may know, I work here at Best Buy here in Morgantown, WV (WVU). I own a 2010 SE and I wanted to make it look more aesthetically pleasing, so with my little knowledge of cars, I ordered some Red LED Map lights from AAC, very bright, get good remarks from all the ladies who ride in the car :) I wanted to take it to the next level, so I pulled the trigger and ordered some red CCFL footwell lights from AAC as well for $40. I don't have any knowledge of tapping into wires or anything of the sort. Some of you may know this but here at Best Buy we have an installation bay where we install car audio, radar detectors, and the like. So with my little know how, I decided to let them install my footwell lights, with my discount on the $40 of labor it should cost, I can get them installed for $20 which isn't bad. So I'm here at work waiting for them to finish. It's like waiting for Christmas. Well here are some pictures of her being worked on. More pictures of after the installation to come as soon as she's finished. Next mod is going to be a Flowmaster 40 Series Catback or a Corsa dual exhaust, to make her sound a little bit more aggressive. Let me know what you think!
I'd think they would do it for an employee free.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@YellowJacket Oh no, we still have to pay lol and here's a picture of the passenger side, the driver side was cracked out of the box, AAC is wonderful and has had UPS pick the broken light up and the new one is on it's way here now. The return process is very expedient.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are what my map lights look like, I got the 3 chip version which is like 3x brighter than stock, but I'm probably going to get the 6 chip version in the same red color.

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
Looks great!!! Did they wire them up with the rest of the interior lights so they can be dimmed with the dimmer switch or are they wired up seperate???

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They wired them to the cigarette lighter, so they're on when I unlock my car, and he drilled a convenient hole in my glove box where the switch is placed. I just leave them on while driving, it hasn't annoyed me yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts