Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you order a Challenger without AC, crank up windows, delete radio, steel wheels ( painted the same color as the car ) with dog dish hub caps, manual tranny with 4:10 gears and of course a V-8 Hemi? Being an old timer I would seriously think about it, it wouldn't be my daily driver anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Hell yeah! I'm only 18, ain't ain't got nothin to do w/ a respect for horsepower.;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I want the biggest motor possible, 6 spd, nice sized gears, leather interior, A/C and cd playr. I dont care about anthing else. I have no probem cranking my own windows.
I'll be getting track rims for it anyway, so the wheels thing dosent bug me. I ike the ones on the concept.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I wouldn't personally own one, but I could certainly see something like that be the darling of the autocross and drag-racing crowd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I was the only one that wanted my car built w/o all the fancy options. I'm glad to see someone else wanting to order the Challenger old school.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I want mine optioned ok (ac, cd, etc.) but I want to find one gutted that I can thrash.

·
Banned
91 Posts
I would add only the AC and radio/CD. Don't want leather or any amenities just the basic stuff. I had a car without the AC and radio and it just didn't work on road trips. I also want a lip spoiler and front air dam like the Trans Am cars. There isn't much else to add past that.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
MikeF said:
I would add only the AC and radio/CD. Don't want leather or any amenities just the basic stuff. I had a car without the AC and radio and it just didn't work on road trips. I also want a lip spoiler and front air dam like the Trans Am cars. There isn't much else to add past that.
I don't drive anything that the a/c or radio works in as it is.:(

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd just want a radio with a cd player (maybe not even that, I'd just hook up my ipod anyways). A/C I would probably get, but it'd be more of a treat for me since my A/C in my car hasn't worked for a few years, and I could care less. Windows > A/C, IMO.

·
Banned
95 Posts
I am new school, I need a iPOD hook up and monster A/C, you have no idea what living in S Fla is like haha.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am of two minds lol , I threw out the rear seats on my old 73 hooked up some small house speakers , they would come out for racing, or go up on top of the car for parking or drive in events. had one heck of a stereo in my car to make up for the loud exhaust noise. ( which were open headers most of the time)( i also carpeted that area where the seats were) it wasnt a bad lil make out area either. I dont know what the electric window systems wieght is nowadays. I will prolly take this puppy to the strip again... boy will i have some catchingup to do....I am not sure it will be a regular thing again we will see.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I say 'Load it up'. My '70 383 R/T had it all,(power windows, AC, cruise, Slapstic auto, etc.). Load up the new one but with the 6 speed Hemi!:)

T
0 Posts
I would like to have one loaded up, leather, AC, pwr crap, 6.4L, 6spd, big wheels and rubber.
Then I want one identical, but no AC, no pwer crap, a drivers seat, roll cage, no radio, push button starter, 6.4L, 6spd, and small light weight wheels and sticky rubber for playtime.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Give me anything and everything (or nothing) to make it CHEAP ($25000), LIGHT (3500-3700#), AND FAST (6.4L/392 HEMI)

I will definately find a way to buy this car if all my demands are met.

·
Registered
6 Posts
392 Hemi, 392 Hemi, 392 Hemi, 392 Hemi, 392 Hemi, 392 Hemi, 392 Hemi, 392 Hemi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My current company car is a 05 base Magnum SE the only option I have is ESP (witch I could do with out, req. by company). I would love to own a Challenger optioned the same as my magnum with with a 5.7 and a 6 speed. I really don't want to invest in performance/interior upgrades out of the box. I would have a blast making engine, interior, audio, suspention, and wheel/tire upgrades over the course of a few years. 06 Magnum SEs are $22,995 DCX should be able to sell a Challenger SE 5.7 6sp for around 25k. Also (according to allpar http://www.allpar.com/squads/police-cars/charger.html ) DCX sells Hemi Charger police cars with minimal interior options and 18 inch tires for about 24k, so this car is possible at this price. I hope they will build it, I will buy it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The "stripper" version of classic Challengers was Challenger Deputy;
rear window regulators deleted, reduced sound deadening, Barracuda seats and steering wheel,
optional inside rearview mirror, am radio, cigar lighter etc.
Usually 6cyl /3sp, but sometimes 318, and a handful of 383/4V Deputies were built.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The bare bones look is fine & dandy, but it's not for me. Mine's gotta have some BLING baby!:cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts