Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I have really gone through an ordeal, but not as extreme as some of you others. It sucks what some of ya'll went/are going through. I'm a persistent son-of-a-gun. Didn't find out about the IE till the very end of Dec or very beginning of Jan. Did everything I could to find out how to get one. The day IT arrived at my local dealership, Allen Samuels of North Richland Hills, they marked it up $10k. I was NOT going to pay that much extra. Made a few calls, and found 4 dearlerships selling at sticker. I went with the closest to my location, Pauls Valley, OK(they were getting an AUTO and had to locate a dealer to trade for a 6). Waited a month and 6 days to find out that no other dealer would trade for an AUTO. They offered to keep looking or return my downpayment...I took my downpayment back and called one of the other dealers that I originally found, and they still had one. Did everything over the phone, and went down yesterday to Georgetown, TX and picked it up.

With that said:
How many IE's are accounted for now?

I'm number #32 and Bright White.

Steve

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice work there. In NYC they tried to hit me up for 6k over sticker. And to think, I bought my 2010 RT from them. They told me it was because it was #26 and that was a really low number. I went to a Queens dealership and they didn't even know where the IE number was, so I got lucky and bought #11 from them at 3k under Sticker. So I was pleased. I love this car!!!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
around here the low #'s seem to go for sticker

because of the loose seat cover issue i chose to look for the highest # i could find...

congrats on such a low #.....it will always be neat to show off #32.....i would probably accept the loose seats if i could get a # that low....

did you pay sticker?

mr.392 #11...thats the lowest price ive heard of...thats probably $200-300 under invoice

·
Registered
631 Posts
Well, there are still plenty on dealer lots, no one should pay over sticker. I'm close to ordering an SRT but have been searching for the color and options I want. So far I've found 67 IEs within 200 miles of my house, and if I go out another few hundred miles, I can find another 60 or so. Some still showing up as in transit.

Now trying to find a non-IE SRT is not easy. Compared to 67 IEs near me, only 3 blacks, 3 reds, and 1 TO exist. 1 Billet in transit, but thats about 150 miles away.

The dealer I've talked didn't even sell their IE they had for a few weeks, ended up trading to another dealer down south.

So, plenty still remain, depends on the area you live in. But non-IEs, sounds like you have to order and wait, or accept something less than what you really want.

·
Registered
46 Posts

because of the loose seat cover issue i chose to look for the highest # i could find...

congrats on such a low #.....it will always be neat to show off #32.....i would probably accept the loose seats if i could get a # that low....

did you pay sticker?

mr.392 #11...thats the lowest price ive heard of...thats probably $200-300 under invoice
Well you have to understand my sticker was over 50k so it was not hard to do. I had every option imaginable on sticker. Or maybe thats just NY prices, you know how everything is over priced in the city. I pay $60 just to park the damn thing in the city

·
Registered
353 Posts
Must be NY prices because I have every option and my stickered at 48 7. I got mine for the sticker price minus 1000 in rebates. I have car 598 in Bright White.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump^^^^^^

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No loose seats in THIS car. Tighter than a Virg.....

did you pay sticker?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I called in to DaveSmith Motors to see if they had the 392 I.E and the lady said no hesitantly, then she said wait, and asked me does it have white and blue seats with 392 stitched in the seats? Grinning from ear to ear I said thats her. She told me if I am serious she would hold it and all she would need from me is a name and 500 bucks (credit card). The reason I had the car held is because I was out of town at the time. She told me the MSRP is 48,500 and I heard her boss in the background say we will give it to him for 46,000. The retail price was 50,115. My total came to 45,935.

6 speed manual white with blue strips Challenger SRT8 Inaugural Edition #252.

·
Registered
531 Posts
After some number confusion on an old thread I started that I will probably just let die rather then correct again if for no other reason then superstition...#119 (white with blue stripe 6spd) should be arriving here in Pasadena, CA on a truck from Baxter in Omaha later this week thanks to Lee Brown! Lee made me a great deal and was great to work with. I wish he sold other things, like houses, so I go through him whenever I needed to buy something....From the pics it looks amazing. I can't wait to see it in person.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts