Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start a thread for those of us impacted by this Allied Transport situation. In my case, it has delayed the delivery of my new SRT8 6.4 HEMI by 4 weeks and counting. So the question I have is ..... has anyone talked to either Dodge HQ or their dealership and asked for anything to make up for this inconvenience?

·
Registered
144 Posts
When did you order your car?
I ordered my GWE mid march and was told it would be a 2 1/2 month wait. I'm thinking with all these issues I'm reading about (allied, paint shortage .....), I'll be waiting longer!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered my car on December 23, 2010. It was built in Feb 2011. When I found out in late March that my car was taken hostage by Allied, I asked for a new car to be built because I did not want to lose time while waiting for a lawsuit to end. Dodge HQ told me that they would like to make me a new car but that because of Japan, they are almost out of paint. While communicating with the dealership is necessary - checking your vehicle status/history online and talking with Dodge HQ gives you more transparency into the situation.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm pretty sure the Allied hostages are all freed or at least mine was. Mine went "On Truck" on 3/15 and didnt change for 10 days (the Allied thing started on the 16th). It finally was shipped out of Canada on 3/2. Now I think the shipping delays are just the usual Chrysler slowness - they seem to be able to build cars but can't ship them.....

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
My last INTEL also tells me they have been "Freed". Should not be long now!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Check your PM. I did not as I was away in Afghanistan ;) Back home now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts