Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just the other day a vendor told me that I could not change out the Fuel Rail black tube for a steel braided line:

Even the Dodge Dealership told me that the line was a "one piece" and could not be separated, so how about them apples?

There is always a different way to skin a cat! It is even a removable unit!

David

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Just the other day a vendor told me that I could not change out the Fuel Rail black tube for a steel braided line:

Even the Dodge Dealership told me that the line was a "one piece" and could not be separated, so how about them apples?

There is always a different way to skin a cat! It is even a removable unit!

David

Oh boy. I did that, once!! Regretted it every F-ing day as I smelled the fuel slowly seeping from the crappy connectors and the nipples on the rails. Dodge does not have a part number for just the hose, it's one part with the rails. The hose is pressed on from the factory. Note the absence of any type of OEM connectors. It dripped, I'd snug it, it would drip the next day, I'd snug it, fuel would pool up on the heads just under the rails,(safe huh?), until it couldn't be snugged anymore- kept on seeping out. I learned the hard way. All for what? I wanted a steel braided line to dress up the ugly black one. I got lucky on two accounts. First and foremost my ride didn't end up in flames, secondly I was able to get a used set of rails with the hose of course for about $110 because it came off another engine with only a few hundred miles on it that was now super charged and a different set up is used. I hope you have better luck than I did. And please, if you smell fuel, pull over and cut the engine. I'd definitely check, especially prior to the first start of the day, check for fuel. That's when I noticed the most, or after extended periods of sitting. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was assured that this should not happen.

Oh boy. I did that, once!! Regretted it every F-ing day as I smelled the fuel slowly seeping from the crappy connectors and the nipples on the rails. Dodge does not have a part number for just the hose, it's one part with the rails. The hose is pressed on from the factory. Note the absence of any type of OEM connectors. It dripped, I'd snug it, it would drip the next day, I'd snug it, fuel would pool up on the heads just under the rails,(safe huh?), until it couldn't be snugged anymore- kept on seeping out. I learned the hard way. All for what? I wanted a steel braided line to dress up the ugly black one. I got lucky on two accounts. First and foremost my ride didn't end up in flames, secondly I was able to get a used set of rails with the hose of course for about $110 because it came off another engine with only a few hundred miles on it that was now super charged and a different set up is used. I hope you have better luck than I did. And please, if you smell fuel, pull over and cut the engine. I'd definitely check, especially prior to the first start of the day, check for fuel. That's when I noticed the most, or after extended periods of sitting. Good luck!
I've had this situation in mind, believe me. I was told that this line should withstand over 100 PSI
Lets hope so....... In any case, I will have a spare stock unit standing by just in case...............

Thanks for the heads up!

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts