Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been many post on the skip shift problem. I can't believe i'm the only one who has never experienced this problem. Lets hear from those that haven't installed the eliminator and don't have a problem.
My shift pattern around city is 1-2-4-5 or 1-2-3-5

·
Registered
407 Posts
In nearly 13000 miles of driving, I think I've triggered the solenoid a half dozen times.

Street driving I shift 1-2-3 or 1-3. 19-21 mph is a tight enough window to miss consistently if you train your ear for the revs. That said, I'll eliminate it eventually.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I use to think the same thing, until it reared its ugly head at the wrong moment. As soon as I got home, I ordered it from amazon. Best $20 bucks I ever spent!

Reactions: sick'r bee

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
The key to it is to not short shift in 1st and 2nd, right?...run it to 3000 rpm and let that Hemi breathe a bit! :)

Reactions: Sandau

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I don't think this has anything to do with it , but i have one of the earlier 2013 srt cores. I have tried many times to cause the problem, but it just won't do it.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
The skip-shift was the first thing I installed, not even 2 weeks after I got the car. It annoyed the hell out of me just driving it home. Still works perfectly 2 and a half years later.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
wife and i drive that thing like it was meant to be... skip the eliminator, drive like you stole it, keep the active intake manifold on the short runner position, maintain 67/70 psi of oil pressure at all times, the Hemi needs to breathe (quoting "randycat99")

oh yes, automatic transmissions are much easier, but who drives automatic, ahaha thread hi-jacking! lol

by the way who knows if the hemi can be mated to a sequential transmission, this is really the way to go; anyone seen one w/ sequential setup?

ODP

here it is

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
DV46 - EMCO Gears, Inc.

done! this is my version of a skip shift eliminator....ok, must a bit a more than $20...lol

·
Registered
144 Posts
My problem was that when I leave my house, I turn up a hill and if I happened to shift out of first at 20, then I was consistently skipped into fourth going up a hill which is complete bull so I installed the eliminator. Otherwise, it was not a big issue for me.

Reactions: RunningWithBeers

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Reactions: O_Racing

·
Registered
162 Posts
I haven't really noticed the skip-shift feature. :confused: I usually shift at 3000rpm in normal driving through the first 4 gears. Even if I shift from 1-2 at 2000rpm, it allows it without going into 4th. It's not my daily driver so I might need to put some more seat time in it.

But I drive another 6-spd manual (non skip shift) car as a daily driver and the Challenger's 6-spd doesn't behave any different.

·
Registered
214 Posts
After I got about 100 miles on my car it was like the computer new my driving habits and that sucker was working. After you install the eliminator it will still show 1-4 on the dash. They work!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just got mine installed last week, makes the car much more enjoyable to drive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have over 7,000 miles on mine and I've only hit the skip shift once, and I was trying to hit it. I just wanted to see what happened.
Normal driving I've never once hit it.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Since I'll be picking up this beaut' strictly for the muscle, the mods will be going on quit fast!
I love that six shooter shifter. I wish they made one for the challenger. Id be all over it

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
When does the skip shift "feature" happen exactly guys?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
When does the skip shift "feature" happen exactly guys?
I've only hit it once where it was inconvenient/disconcerting. I was making a left hand turn at a light following the car in front of me. The intersection at the light the new road was going up hill. I went to shift from 1st to 2nd and was locked out and had lost enough speed that I ended up going back to first. What was disconcerting was I had a landscaping truck bearing down on me since they had been trying to make the light as it turned yellow.

Take it easy
Jay

Reactions: FWB

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have over 7,000 miles on mine and I've only hit the skip shift once, and I was trying to hit it. I just wanted to see what happened.
Normal driving I've never once hit it.
I can't hit it , no matter how hard i've tried.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't think I have ever hit the skit shift mechanism in over 6000 miles and 11 months of ownership, so I haven't felt the need to purchase that illuminator.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts