Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking how they are holding up. The alcantara and the door panel's. Any fading, or anything. I really liked the red interior in the SP I sat in a while back, really popped. But at the same time, I'm also slightly in love with the T/A with the hood it has.

So right now its between:
T/A With Convenience Package and 8sp
SP Shaker Leather Package Ruby Red, Dynamics Package, Convenience Package, 8sp.

Color on the vehicle is up in the air. If 2018 continued Go Green, it wouldnt even be a choice, I'd go T/A all the way, but since they are not, I'm stumped.

·
Registered
550 Posts
So, I have the ruby red interior on my 2015 RTC and it does not show any signs of fading and looks and feels great. I think that red adds a fun element to the ride. I should also note that I store the car in my garage with a cover on it from Thanksgiving to early / mid-April and garage at home daily. Ninety-Five percent of my driving is to and from work.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the SP Shaker Leather Package Ruby Red on my 2016 SPS. My car is stored in garage during weekend/weekday nights. Rest of time it is sitting in the sun when at work. Lots of sunshine here (and heat) and interior is holding up well. Have had car 10 months.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I have the ruby red interior on my 2015 RTC and it does not show any signs of fading and looks and feels great. I think that red adds a fun element to the ride. I should also note that I store the car in my garage with a cover on it from Thanksgiving to early / mid-April and garage at home daily. Ninety-Five percent of my driving is to and from work.
Thats what I like about the color. It adds a fun element to it. Also its nice that they carry the red accents throughout the carpeting and other areas.

My car will be a fair weather car only so it will sit in my garage with a car cover on, on my lift during the winter months.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Mine still smells new

Looks great too. Garage kept.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine is a 2014 Shaker with the red interior and gets driven part time, a couple of times a week. The red interior has held up well in the AZ heat. No fading or cracking but it seems the seats do show dirt a lot more than the black leather seats do.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I had red in my 2012 and even using plain water and a cloth, red would transfer to cloth ever so slightly.....it wouldn't take much to make it streak imo so be careful out there....

Hopefully its better now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll be OK. I'll likely use an approved cleaner and brush. The reason I ask all this is I was looking at a Camaro 2SS and It appears that even though those seats are super comfortable, they have some pretty bad reviews on their longevity. Lots of stretches and tearing in areas from a lot of owners.

I'm not worrying about the red bleeding though, if that happens, I'll throw a sh*t fit at the dodge dealership. I have to imagine that there are other issues at play with your interior.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think I'll be OK. I'll likely use an approved cleaner and brush. The reason I ask all this is I was looking at a Camaro 2SS and It appears that even though those seats are super comfortable, they have some pretty bad reviews on their longevity. Lots of stretches and tearing in areas from a lot of owners.

I'm not worrying about the red bleeding though, if that happens, I'll throw a sh*t fit at the dodge dealership. I have to imagine that there are other issues at play with your interior.
Could you post links to those camaro seat reviews? Also, if the red does bleed, I would worry about it staining my pants. I cant believe they would use materials like this poor quality.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I'd like to weigh in here. I have a 2015 SRT 392 with the ruby red seats. Noticing that the driver's seat has an issue. All the material in the center of the base of the seat (the part I actually sit on) is loose. It's not tight like the passenger seat. No seams popping or obvious things wrong, just has very little tension on it... as if there's too much material. It usually wrinkles over on itself when I sit on it. Seems that the factory didn't do something right. Anybody else have this issue? The passenger seat doesn't seem to have this problem.

·
Registered
14,278 Posts
All the material in the center of the base of the seat (the part I actually sit on) is loose. It's not tight.
The Laguna has the same issue on some cars, believe it is just the foam padding underneath flattening out or just not thick enough. Somebody had a trim shop make new bottom foam and fixed it right.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have Ruby Red seats in my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker and close to 30k miles on it (so I drive the heck out of it). I'm also an avid Road and Mountain biker so sometimes have to get in with my wet gear and their holding up great! I also had the Ruby Red in my 2013 R/T Blacktop and had over 45k miles and the seats looked good when I traded it in. I don't do anything special except clean them weekly with a microfiber cloth and some mild cleaner.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
22K on a daily driver 2015 Scat Pack with Ruby Red suede and it's held up GREAT. No complaints whatsoever, and I get compliments all the time. Still puts a smile on my face every day- great interior!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got a 2017 and I love the Ruby Red Interior and would not trade it for anything. I did not consider the fading but since she lives for Saturdays and the windows have a ceramic tint I am not too worried about fading.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I have Ruby Red seats in my 2016 Scat Pack Shaker and close to 30k miles on it (so I drive the heck out of it). I'm also an avid Road and Mountain biker so sometimes have to get in with my wet gear and their holding up great! I also had the Ruby Red in my 2013 R/T Blacktop and had over 45k miles and the seats looked good when I traded it in. I don't do anything special except clean them weekly with a microfiber cloth and some mild cleaner.
Aren't those shaker seats. I LOVE those seats! Like the horizontal seaming. I mean REALLY like them.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
My Redline Red 2015 R/t Plus has the black Napa Leather seats. I love them, but I wish it had the red interior, I think it would go good with the red exterior.
What do you guys think?
Yes I do.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
My Redline Red 2015 R/t Plus has the black Napa Leather seats. I love them, but I wish it had the red interior, I think it would go good with the red exterior.
What do you guys think?
Mines' Torred, but this will give you an idea what ruby red / black interior looks like with red body color.
-the flare from the flash can make some areas, look orange, but its definitely Torred color.

Redline Red has a deeper shade, especially in lower light vs. direct sun.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 32 Posts