Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392 Maximum Steel Metallic
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reaching out if there's any information available on when Dodge will be giving us an update for 2022 ordering.

I'm familiar with Nadaguides and Donlen but in addition to those two sites the dealers themselves don't know anything either.

I realize the trim levels and features will remain largely unchanged but I'm holding out to order a 2022.

Every time I reach out to my preferred dealer, they still haven't heard anything at all and Dodge hasn't released any new info either.

Anybody have any information or perspective on when we may see the 2022 ordering open up?

Thanks

·
Registered
714 Posts
my guess is this is the last month to get a 21 ordered and delivered as a 21, but who knows if they cant get the 22 few minor upgrades because of supplier issues they may just take 21 orders all the way to 22...these are strange times...besides with minor changes and marked up pricing what is the advantage of a 22 unless of course you want the new stinger yellow that is not currently offered?

·
Registered
16,983 Posts
Koons CJD said that ordering for 2022 will definitely open this month and could be as early as next week.

They will be building 2021 cars into early January, the 2022 builds should start at the.end of January.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@icecoldmn no advantage, I just hadn’t placed an order and there no stock of what I want nearby. Waiting for 2022 since I already have a challenger now. Looking to upgrade soon.

@Slidd thanks for the info, I appreciate that. We shall see right! My local dealer here thinks the same thing. End of this month but it’s really just a guess. I am curious if end of January ends up being the start of 2022 production. Seems like that would make more sense since they’re backed up.

Reactions: SheReady💋

·
Registered
399 Posts
Someone in CA posted on FB that they just ordered a 2022 & that all customer orders are 2022's now;
(Dodge site still only shows 2021's though.)

Computer Computer monitor Output device Peripheral Personal computer
Font Material property Rectangle Gun barrel Pen

·
Registered
528 Posts
Reactions: STINGRAY

·
Registered
16,983 Posts
Smoke Show supposed to be a $95 option.

But it's free on his POC, hmm.

·
Registered
2021 F8 Green Scat Pack Shaker
375 Posts
Am I missing something? Besides the drop down box on the computer screen shot where else in either of those pics indicates that's a 2022 order?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thats a charger - maybe not as backed up os challenger - you've been able to order just about every other fca vehicle as a 2022 for a while now....

·
Registered
16,983 Posts
Yeah but every plant is on a different schedule. The RAMs been out a while and you've been able to order a 2022 F250 since March!

So I guess they could stagger the order banks for Charger and Challenger but don't know that Ive ever seen that.

I know once they commit to building, it's either all 2021 or all 2022, no way can they build both at the same time.

Koons Dodge did say ordering would definitely begin this month and possibly the 8th or 9th so this could be it a couple days early.

Am I missing something? Besides the drop down box on the computer screen shot where else in either of those pics indicates that's a 2022 order?
That looks like the dealer order screen so if they can pull up 2022 they should be able to order one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Screen shot has a Windows 11 computer with the time displayed - it shows the dealer can order a 2022.
Printout of order shows a time stamp of less than an hour later.
Why would anyone order a 2021 at this point, especially since the 2022 gets a better security system?

·
Registered
16,983 Posts
They'll be a little price increase for 2022, most options seem about the same but the MSRP is up a little and destination is now $1595 and then you have the color surcharges ranging from $95 to $395.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Correct with the colors, also curious to see one of these for a Challenger specifically myself. None the less, glad that were passing the information to one another. Soon enough 2022's will be getting ordered I suppose.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks like you can config one…it also says =restriction just under delivery price (what that means I can’t say) Maybe system will accept in a queue

·
Registered
528 Posts
95 for smoke show? i would have thought they all came primed under the real paint....lol:)
Every color but the 3 most boring have an upcharge for 2022

Best color ever made

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
714 Posts
Every color but the 3 most boring have an upcharge for 2022

Best color ever made

View attachment 1035662
nothing personal im glad you love your new car, but primer gray is defiantly not a exciting color. it will be interesting to see the 21 build numbers to see how many came in gray compared to the other colors.

hopefully we see the numbers soon

·
Registered
528 Posts
nothing personal im glad you love your new car, but primer gray is defiantly not a exciting color. it will be interesting to see the 21 build numbers to see how many came in gray compared to the other colors.

hopefully we see the numbers soon
You're right, we should all get the same boring colors. I like driving around and not seeing another car the same as mine. Smoke Show had very low numbers in 2020... somewhere around 124 in SPWB. I would guess 2021 is going to be similarly low.

Reactions: Donniet53 and Klink
1 - 20 of 302 Posts