Dodge Challenger Forum banner
201 - 220 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
One thing I wonder about is why the SPWB does not have fog lights as regular equipment? It isn't like the HC, RE or SS where the engine has a super charger and requires extra cooling?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392 Maximum Steel Metallic
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I don’t mind not having it, my current SRT 392 I never use them, and I like having the same front grille as the cats. They probably didn’t wana develop another front bumper.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I don’t mind not having it, my current SRT 392 I never use them, and I like having the same front grille as the cats. They probably didn’t wana develop another front bumper.
You mean fogs require some type of front bumper? :unsure: . (Not a matter of blocking air) Well I guess if Dodge did supply fog lights they wouldn't be that bright to see like a good aftermarket LED fog light/Amber/yellow lens.

·
Registered
16,893 Posts
I They probably didn’t wana develop another front bumper.
That's it right there. They just used the Hellcat Widebody front setup and didn't want to spend the time and money to add the lights. Simple as that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
That's it right there. They just used the Hellcat Widebody front setup and didn't want to spend the time and money to add the lights. Simple as that.

I see good old fashion cost cutting. Well then at least we have the aftermarket with higher end lighting.(y)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts

Always thought the factory fog lights did not really add any beneficial light to the road.Once you put some good bulbs(aftermarket Led) in there it was a little better for some extra light.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Always thought the factory fog lights did not really add any beneficial light to the road.Once you put some good bulbs(aftermarket Led) in there it was a little better for some extra light.
This is so true on most of factory equipment. On my Corvette I spent extra $$$ switch to the LED fogs and the difference is day and night but in that case it was EASY. Just plug in play and replace bulb. But on a SPWB it looks to be alot more involved with the housing and removing grill so it will cost alot more $$$ but put in the best LED white/amber/yellow fogs and it will make a difference when visibility is bad.:cool:

·
Registered
16,893 Posts
I ordered a 2022 less than 2 weeks ago. I asked today if there was a VIN, and was given the VIN. I put the VIN in here Free Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Decoder & Lookup and the thing gave the correct MSRP considering the options as I ordered, interesting. Wonder where they got the MSRP as I ordered it.
I didn't see the MSRP and don't know how they would know anything until the car is built. You're seeing an MSRP? Maybe a base MSRP.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I didn't see the MSRP and don't know how they would know anything until the car is built. You're seeing an MSRP? Maybe a base MSRP.

MSRP with options I ordered. Also reports one sale. It is 2022 VIN

Rectangle Font Eyelash Circle Magenta

201 - 220 of 241 Posts