Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously thinking about getting a Hellcat. I love everything about my SRT (except for the rattle), but want that supercharger. For those who switched, did you find anything you missed? My concerns are the steering differences and the chrome door releases and chrome trim around the ac ducts. My 2015 has black bezels around the ducts and brushed door releases. Any input appreciated.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
I really liked my 392, one of the best cars i ever had, but the Hellcat is way better, glad i made the switch

·
Registered
212 Posts
I changed from a Scat Pack Shaker to Hell Cat. Took a little while to get used to the steering difference (lack of EPS). But have never looked back. Hellcat is amazing car

·
Registered
476 Posts
I changed from a Scat Pack Shaker to Hell Cat. Took a little while to get used to the steering difference (lack of EPS). But have never looked back. Hellcat is amazing car
How does the power and torque compare in daily driving situations? I know that the 392 is geared towards a lot of low end torque, which makes it easy to exploit in a lot of daily driving situations. Hellcat power seems to come alive a lot in the higher RPM regions (in addition to low end of course).

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
For others viewing this thread - the '18+ 'Cats have electric power steering - so the settings are adjustable [Comfort / Normal / Sport] for the level of assist/ feel.

·
Registered
212 Posts
For others viewing this thread - the '18+ 'Cats have electric power steering - so the settings are adjustable [Comfort / Normal / Sport] for the level of assist/ feel.
Hal - Is that true for all 18+ Cats, or only the wide body ones?

·
Registered
212 Posts
How does the power and torque compare in daily driving situations? I know that the 392 is geared towards a lot of low end torque, which makes it easy to exploit in a lot of daily driving situations. Hellcat power seems to come alive a lot in the higher RPM regions (in addition to low end of course).
I drive mine in Eco mode for everyday driving. I like the lower RPM shifting and less sensitive gas pedal, good for traffic situations. And with a double tap, I go to custom mode and 707HP. Even in Eco mode, or full power mode, if you put the pedal down --- it will go.

I don't think you will be disappointed with the power band of the Hellcat.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
I went from a 6.1L '09 SRT but I wasn't impressed enough with the 392 to trade to one. Trading to the Hellcat though I have no regrets. I liked everything about the styling and interior of the '09 better than the Cat but that stuff pales in comparison with what you get in power, braking, handling - overall performance in the Cat.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Hal - Is that true for all 18+ Cats, or only the wide body ones?
That was across-the-board change. The 'Cat was the only remaining hydraulic p/s setup FCA was using on the RWD cars.

Reactions: rumblebee16

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Went from a 2010 6.1 to a 2016 Scat Pack a year ago. In may I traded the SP for the Hellcat. All 3 were great cars but the Hellcat is awesome. I should have skipped the Scat Pack. Could have save a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
2015 SRT
291 Posts
I went from a 2015 SRT 392 to a 2017 Hellcat. I liked the adjustable steering in the 392 but I frankly don't miss it. The power and torque difference in the Hellcat is no joke. And that supercharger whine puts a smile on my face every time.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I went from a '15 Scat Pack to a '16 Hellcat. The 392 was nice, but I got used to the power. A buddy took me out in his Hellcat several times and I knew I had to get one. I've had my HC for two years, and not once have I thought that I should have stayed with the 392.

I find that for normal driving, the Hellcat is smoother and the gas pedal less touchy.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I went from a '15 Scat Pack to a '16 Hellcat. The 392 was nice, but I got used to the power. A buddy took me out in his Hellcat several times and I knew I had to get one. I've had my HC for two years, and not once have I thought that I should have stayed with the 392.

I find that for normal driving, the Hellcat is smoother and the gas pedal less touchy.
Now that is interesting and the first time I have seen this reference.
I've always felt the SRT 392 gas pedal was too touchy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts