Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to remove the plastic plugs in the fog light ports and what is the best way to remove the old light switch from the dash board. I hate dealing with any plastic for fear of breaking something. Also you dont need the wire harness with the kit right the wires are already on the car you just plug them in right? Thanks for anyone with advice.

·
Registered
205 Posts
on mine, the caps were in there pretty stinkin tight. i grabbed the front of them with pliers and tried to squeeze the tabs from behind the bumper. its tough. i knew the caps were going in the trash, so i wasnt worried about it.

yes, the wiring harness is already in the car. or it should be. i havent read where any of us with the challenger had to use the harness from the kit.

i just used a flathead screwdriver carefully. pretty much as directed in the instructions as i recall. i think there are 3 clips, two on one side and one on the opposite. if youre in no rush (and i dont forget) i can shoot a pic of the original switch so you can get an idea of the position of the clips... unless someone has one more handy. i'm at work all nite.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe you push the switch 'in' to turn the fog lights on, if you do not have fog lights the lights switch doesnt have this feature, at least mine doesnt.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I believe you push the switch 'in' to turn the fog lights on, if you do not have fog lights the lights switch doesnt have this feature, at least mine doesnt.
OK, I see the word 'push' on the button now. I wonder how easy/hard it is to pop the switch out without scratching the dash? So that whole wiring kit is what's not needed?

·
Registered
711 Posts
sorry to thread jack, but if anyone needs parts, I have 2 newish foglamps and the interior switch available if needed.

lamps are mint with 3m protection and the switch is mint, just figured if you guys are adding fogs, these may help if you don't have them.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
no ramps. i guess i jacked it up. i did the front spoiler at the same time, so i can't remember what is needed just to do the fog lamps. you can see in the one picture where i cut the tab off the louver filler piece. i also pushed the headlamp switch out from the backside as i didn't want to mar the dash prying it out.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks S/S i was looking under the front end today seeing what all I would have to take off the get to the ports, those pics helped a lot especially the switch and taking off the lower panel under the steering wheel and pushing the switch from the back. I might as well do the front spoiler as well since I will be taking all that stuff off, thanks again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How hard is it to remove the plastic plugs in the fog light ports and what is the best way to remove the old light switch from the dash board. I hate dealing with any plastic for fear of breaking something. Also you dont need the wire harness with the kit right the wires are already on the car you just plug them in right? Thanks for anyone with advice.
Getting the dash switch out is easy and you dont need to take anything apart. Just take a butter knife and wedge it in the center bottom of the switch and push the knife in slwoly and the switch will pop right out, then just unplug the wire in the back, plug in the new switch and it pops right back in the same way, it literally took me 1 minute to change out my dash switch.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Where did you get your kit? I went to my local dealer and the guy looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked about this.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, have you ever seen that show 'King Of Cars' that is the dealer, Towbin Dodge. You could probably go into your local Dodge dealer and order one as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts